What's new

Arko Gold Power aftershave cologne

I bought it in Istanbul during my stay there, and even barbers use this stuff and although the package looks like an Axe Gold Temptation copy, the scent is really great and I love it.

I would say it smells masculine but on the same time sweet, Arko describes it as charming and I think that's not a bad description either.

So in terms of scent I think this might be the greatest Arko Men Aftershave Cologne, and also its a relatively new scent and if you asks me very modern as well.

How it would as a aftershave? I think its not going be very soothing because this is really a cologne and it doesn't even contain glycerin.

I bought a bottle of Gold Power at my local Turkish supermarket yesterday. I own 100+ aftershaves already, but none of them look like a shower gel, so of course I had to add one of the Arko aftershave-colognes to my collection.

The scent is basically a Paco Rabanne 1 Million clone, which is what I expected; the name "Gold Power" and the bottle color are no doubt inspired by the 1 Million gold bar.

The scent strength is just right, in my opinion. It's more aftershave than cologne - you don't have to worry about oversplashing - yet it's strong enough for the fragrance to come into its own.

As an aftershave, Gold Power fits my preferences pretty well, too. It's basically a no-frills alcohol splash, with a good burn and no greasiness. It does have castor oil in the ingredient list, however, so it would be unfair to say that it's just alcohol, water, and fragrance.

Although the plastic bottle looks every bit as cheap as it is, I appreciate the fact that it's transparent enough that you can see the level of the liquid inside if you hold the bottle up against the light.

The only negative thing I can say about this product is that the design of the bottle opening is hopeless. It's impossible to pour the aftershave out without having some of it run down the side of the bottle. But given how dirt cheap Gold Power is, you probably won't worry too much if a few ml out of the 250 ml go down the drain.

$Arko Gold Power.jpg

Top Bottom