What's new

Razor with black head.

only person i know of being arrested for a picture of a gun was a 12 year old that took a drawing of his brother holding an m16 while in uniform under the flag to school one day.report was in the armed citizen mag

Batman,
Well shoot, I hadn't seen any while shopping around online so thought I has all hip and cool, as usual I'm late to the party. lol. Nice looking pistole there. Is your razor Zombie Green?

Garrett,
Yeah and that's exactly what came out of our mouths the first time we saw it! Now that I've done a couple more "white guns" they're sort of growing on me, they look pretty cool but man are they bright in the sun light!! Wow, like blinding bright....

Last edited:
only person i know of being arrested for a picture of a gun was a 12 year old that took a drawing of his brother holding an m16 while in uniform under the flag to school one day.report was in the armed citizen mag

That is just sad, what has become of U.S....:angry:

That looks sweet. That coating would be great for a travel razor, then you can just throw it in a bag.
Great job by the way.

that is a beautiful razor! that is easily my favorite shade of black where it's mostly flat but still has some luster

^thats more what i was expecting, i figured going over top of chrome wouldnt yield a good adhesion, as would be the same with just using a regular spray paint(though i know cerakote is not a paint). sure can be tricky it seems, as you really need not touch the parts or have any contaminants on it. i would love to have one or two of my razors done like this also, but im guessing it could cost a little bit.

^thats more what i was expecting, i figured going over top of chrome wouldnt yield a good adhesion, as would be the same with just using a regular spray paint(though i know cerakote is not a paint). sure can be tricky it seems, as you really need not touch the parts or have any contaminants on it. i would love to have one or two of my razors done like this also, but im guessing it could cost a little bit.
i saw that dave from west coast razor has done this for around $60, though I'm not sure if they still offer this

Last edited:
Ah! Now while I can see where white might not do for a firearm it'd be sweet for a razor. I think zombie green might take a while before it grows on me.

Thank you for the kind words. I'm pretty sure the coating will last a longggg time, it's ceramic so it's very hard and very slick, not like an epoxy type paint at all. We use it to coat firearms and it holds up VERY well to abuse, can't imagine I'd be putting a razor through anything even close to that. A year ago I coated the exhaust on my car and it still looks like the day I coated them, brand new. My wife is giving me a hard time because I Cerakote everything around the house and now I've coated my razor, she thinks I'm nuts! ha ha.

Haha :lol: that is pretty funny! But looks great though!

Whoa, looks like I dropped the ball and disappeared on you guys! Sorry about that; things got hectic at work prior to Thanksgiving and stayed that way until…well, about today. ;)
that is a beautiful razor! that is easily my favorite shade of black where it's mostly flat but still has some luster

Thank you sir, that color is called Armor Black and it's one of my favorites too. For that look I add extra hardener, gives it that little bit of "luster" like you said.

whats the prep for the cerakote? anything at all? or just put it right on top of the chrome?

There's quite a bit of prep actually. You need to throughly clean and degrease the piece. Then heat in an oven(not the wifes!!) to cook off any impurities. Once it's cooled it needs to be etched with a sharp abrasive such as Aluminum Oxide. Then blow off any remaining dust, back into the oven for one more cook off. After it has cooled you can then spray the Cerakote and finally back into the oven for about 2 hours at 250-300F. Not really hard but there is a learning curve and I've learned the hard way that there are no short cuts and cheap tools don't cut it.
That looks killer! I want to get this done to some of mine.

Thank you, I'm surprised so many of you like it, I wasn't sure how it'd go over with y'all but wanted to give it a try and see how I liked it.
posting a photo of a gun a no no?

.....have you seen this sub forum> http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php/150-Shooting-Sports-and-Firearms
:thumbup1:

Great looking razor. One day I will own one, or have one of my own done this way.

So glad to hear that though I should've guessed it with men trying to get back to our roots of being a man! ha ha.

I had not seen that sub-forum, guess I need to get busy! ;)
Keracotaed a full set....it works and looks great

Beautiful work sir!! What color is that?

Last edited:
Top Bottom