What's new

Your favorite underpriced soap

Which soap do you find to be so good that it would be worth double or even triple the price to you (especially if packaged in a really nice container)?

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Arko is the only soap I have that appears to be "cheap" (dollarwise, not as in sub-standard quality). Everything else is priced reasonable.

Oddly enough, after spending 3 weeks with Williams, I bumped into the arko deal on Amazon. A dozen sticks for like $13 and some change, shipped. I'd never tried arko, but was in the experimenting mood and ordered it. Used it for the first time this morning, and I will say, it's a gimme to list here as under priced. Cost vs performance, I can't think of a single other product that can stand up to this stuff. The scent is a bit polarizing, but the lather is dang superb.

In other news, I have enough arko now on hand to last my lifetime. :lol:

Godrej shaving round.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416937481.677935.jpg

Everyone keeps taking about Arko really want to try it someday. I have to get through a couple of soaps before i can justify it though. Hope it doesn't smell like a urinal puck to me.

Everyone keeps taking about Arko really want to try it someday. I have to get through a couple of soaps before i can justify it though. Hope it doesn't smell like a urinal puck to me.

Arko smells like a cheap lemon cleaning product. It's honestly not that bad but it's just not that good either. Performance of the soap is excellent. It's like they had three months to create an excellent soap and spent all that time but the last 15 minutes getting the soap figured out then went "we forgot all about the scent, oh screw it we'll just use this".

To me it's not offensive, it's just not anything special or anywhere near on par with the performance of the soap.

It's hard to beat Arko on a price to performance ratio. Though not quite as inexpensive, I really like the EU Palmolive sticks.

Which soap do you find to be so good that it would be worth double or even triple the price to you (especially if packaged in a really nice container)?

This is an interesting way of thinking. I honestly believe that if La Toja was a puck in a anodised aluminium dish like C&S then it could sell for that price... and people would still buy it.

This is an interesting way of thinking. I honestly believe that if La Toja was a puck in a anodised aluminium dish like C&S then it could sell for that price... and people would still buy it.

I really liked the performance and scent I got from La Toja, no doubt.

I know there are a few haters out there...but seriously, it's hard to beat Williams Mug Soap for price-effectiveness. For less than $2 a puck that provides a slick (but admittedly fussy to work with) lather and lasts forever, it's a keeper.

That said...would I pay double or triple for it? Maybe double...

My $0.02...

I know there are a few haters out there...but seriously, it's hard to beat Williams Mug Soap for price-effectiveness. For less than $2 a puck that provides a slick (but admittedly fussy to work with) lather and lasts forever, it's a keeper.

That said...would I pay double or triple for it? Maybe double...

My $0.02...

I'll throw in personal experience on this one. lol I just did a 3017 of a puck of Williams. It lasted about 3 weeks. The lather was fussy, no doubt. Some have been trying to get good lather from it for all 3 of those weeks. In then end, it comes to pretty much the same price as Arko (give or take like $.25 cents), and Arko isn't fussy on it's lather. I can't vote for Williams being "under priced". It is much maligned and disliked, even though you can manage to get it to lather functionally, but I'd say that is the best you can say about it.

It's hard to beat Arko on a price to performance ratio. Though not quite as inexpensive, I really like the EU Palmolive sticks.

Depends on where you live; the inflated prices for Palmolive sticks do not make them a good deal in the USA. But elsewhere ARKO and Palmolive are in the same price range, especially since Palmolive soap is harder than ARKO.

Top Bottom