Where do you live?
Blackstone, VA
What is your age (or) generation?
Late Baby Boomer
What are you in the real world?
College Instructor/Lawyer/Dad
What is your favorite shave setup?
Muhle R41 w/ Feather
What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
Running, Reading, Cooking
What else should the members of B&B know about you?
I am timely and clean.

Hello and welcome, Dennis. B&B is a great site full of friendly, helpful shavers. You'll learn a lot here.

A little over a year ago, I got tired of the same old shaving. I figured if I was going to do it every day that I wanted it to be special and enjoyable. I was tired of the smell of Gillette goo. I couldn't get a good shave from cartridges; I even tried Dollar Shave Club.

I bought a EJ DE89, an EJ badger brush and some T & H 1805 cream, and I was hooked. I am all in and have devoured these forums. For aftershave: had to have Nivea Sensitive balm, then GFT Skin Food. Then had to make my own: shea butter, sweet almond oil, jojoba, etc. with vetiver essential oil, sometimes lime or orange. The Nancy Boy sample balm I received is incredibly good.

Then new creams started: TOBS Mr. Taylor and Nancy Boy. Then my son gave me a shaving soap for my birthday (Napa, good scent, but poor cushioning and protection, gotta go tallow), and it opened a new world. Shannon's Soaps came into my life.

In the meantime, I just had to try Queen Charlotte body soaps and shampoo bars. I am hooked.

My desire for a closer shave consumed me. Fortunately, I have skin that doesn't razor burn easily, so I coveted the Feather blades and the Muhle R41. Been shaving with those for several months.

I wandered into the Fragrance forum. Oh man! Way too much stuff to try, but the search for the Holy Grail of fragrance was on. First blind buy: Guerlain Vetiver. Last blind buy: D. R. Harris Arlington Cologne (put on 7-8 sprays and couldn't smell it an hour later, lesson learned about blind buys). Last week was like Christmas when I received decants of Habit Rouge, LIDG, 3rd Man, Yatagan and L'Anarchiste.

Thanks to you all I have a smooth face and smell wonderful. I shall endeavor to stay out of the other forums such as tobacco and liquor; those Pandora's boxes should remain closed to me.

Last edited:
Welcome to the B & B forum Denis! Lots of shavers here with years of experience they are willing to share. I know you will enjoy the free exchange of information!

Top Bottom