What's new

Latest butterscotch restoration

22 mm TGN A grade (pre-bloom) set at 50 mm. Does anybody know what this handle is? I don't. Restored it for a relative...

$002.jpg$005.jpg

Nice restoration! Another possibility on the maker is Baton-- I have a model 7644 that's very similar, but not identical, to your handle.

Dont know what the handle is but it does look good. Whats an A grade knot? Pardon my ignorance.

A good question. "Grade A" is just a designation used by The Golden Nib for their higher grade silvertip knots, distinguishing them from their "regular" silvertip knots, which are of a lower quality. It's not really a very meaningful designation for purposes of comparing with other vendors' knots, as there is no uniformity in grading nomenclature. One vendor's "regular" might be equivalent to another's "Grade A", or "premium" or some other such designation. So, it's mostly trial and error to find the knots that work for you, but there is a lot of helpful guidance on this forum from our more experienced members.

Have fun.

A good question. "Grade A" is just a designation used by The Golden Nib for their higher grade silvertip knots, distinguishing them from their "regular" silvertip knots, which are of a lower quality. It's not really a very meaningful designation for purposes of comparing with other vendors' knots, as there is no uniformity in grading nomenclature. One vendor's "regular" might be equivalent to another's "Grade A", or "premium" or some other such designation. So, it's mostly trial and error to find the knots that work for you, but there is a lot of helpful guidance on this forum from our more experienced members.

Have fun.

I did not know that, thanks for answering. Sounds like a confusing way to label different varieties....or am I confused :lol:

Top Bottom