What's new

Anybody know an ACTIVE message board/forum where car repairs are discussed?

Generally you'd want to go to a model specific forum. I'm not aware of any generic repair forums..but they probably exist :001_smile . Do you have a specific issue?

Definitely agree with finding a model specific forum. And it also depends what you're looking for. If you have a specific problem, Google will really help, and most of the first page of responses will be model specific forums.

I've been trying to diagnose a rough idle issue on my Ford Taurus that led me to a great Taurus forum that has very active members

I use VWVortex.com for anything related to my car. They have specific forums for all models of VW. I do not know what type of car you have, so this one may not be a good choice for you.

Definitely agree with finding a model specific forum. And it also depends what you're looking for. If you have a specific problem, Google will really help, and most of the first page of responses will be model specific forums.

I've been trying to diagnose a rough idle issue on my Ford Taurus that led me to a great Taurus forum that has very active members

+1 to this. I've never had a search that didn't turn up a specific forum that had already tackled the issue.

My other "go to" forum is Garage Journal. There area a TON of professional mechanic members as well as other trades represented. There is a "Free Parking" section (equivalent to the Barbershop section here) where car repair questions come up all the time. The site is a bit more blue-collar than B&B and not quite as civil-but WAYYY more civil than most other internet forums.

You DO have to join to see the "free Parking" section or to post, but membership is free.

FWIW.

Beerman

I belong to 3 and I ditto the members who said there are manufacturer specific ones. One example is AllPar (from Mopar), for any of the Chrysler made products.

I don't have any car troubles yet, just wanted a site to enhance my knowledge about car repairs etc.

Ah, the problem with that might be going on to a specific forum and seeing ALL the troubles other people are having with your model. I did that once with my new Sienna and got thoroughly depressed about what a lemon I had bought.
Never had a problem for 10 years :)

Tazorac,

On youtube, check out ChrisFix and EricTheCarGuy. Tons of general repair videos that are very thorough and easy to follow. Both have helped me with numerous repairs on my 99 Ford Taurus

Top Bottom