What's new

Help me find an Aftershave

Hi Everybody,

So I know what scent I would like, but I am not sure where to find it. I am hoping to harness the combined experience of B&B and hopefully find what I am looking for. I would like to find a...I guess you would describe it as a warm spicy citrus sent, think of maybe a light background of bay rum with little or no cloves and with a more pronounced orange and cinnamon sent. So, this ring any bells? Anybody know of anything that smells like this or is in the ballpark? I would appreciate any help you guys can give.

Thanks,

John

You might want to think about putting some Dominica, Masters, VIBR, or Superior 70 in a mason jar. Soaking with orange peels for a few days. Strain and use.

Clubman VIBR is a lot of cinnamon notes (to my nose, at least) and a bit of citrus, too. The price it right (<$10 a bottle) so give that a try with the caveat that the Clubman scents need to "settle" on the skin for a bit. Your first whiff will be very different than what you smell an hour later.

Clubman scents need to "settle" on the skin for a bit. Your first whiff will be very different than what you smell an hour later.

I agree 100%. when I use clubman original it goes on smelling like gasoline, but after it dries down I get vanilla for most of the day.....strange.

I currently use Dominica Bay Rum with Lucky Tiger. I love Bay Rum and citrus. Feels great as well. Scent does not last. I'm curious as to other spicy/citrus scents as well.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Hi Everybody,

So I know what scent I would like, but I am not sure where to find it. I am hoping to harness the combined experience of B&B and hopefully find what I am looking for. I would like to find a...I guess you would describe it as a warm spicy citrus sent, think of maybe a light background of bay rum with little or no cloves and with a more pronounced orange and cinnamon sent. So, this ring any bells? Anybody know of anything that smells like this or is in the ballpark? I would appreciate any help you guys can give.

Thanks,

John

Bootlegger's Perfecto - Bay Rum, no cloves, with a light hint of tobacco and orange citrus.

Eton College is citrus/orange, but no bay rum or pepper.
I get orange and pepper from Opus 1870 (an EdT not an AS) but no bay rum.
Cheers,

Clubman citrus musk? I have never tried it but the name sounds like what you might be looking for.

I have citrus musk, definitely get the citrus notes but not necessarily the spicy notes OP is looking for. You might be able to pair this and mix 70/30 with a very mild bay rum to get that kind of profile.

Top Bottom