What's new

Desert Island Tobaccos

I couldn't honestly choose so I imagined running to the cellar, house on fire and grabbing 2 tins in each hand guided only by quick thinking tobacco lust. I came up with:

- Solani Silver Flake
- 3 Oaks Syrian
- Whichever Frog Morton hit my fingers first

From there it would be all downhill mumbling madness and I'd grab either an Orlik Golden Sliced or a Peter Stokeby Luxury Navy Flake. Whichever I got first.

That was so stressful!! I need a beer or something.

Tough one. My 4 for today would be:

-DE Gatsby Luxury Flake
-SG Chocolate Flake
-Balkan Sobranie
-DTC Deadwood Gold

Ask me tomorrow and it will be different.

I couldn't honestly choose so I imagined running to the cellar, house on fire and grabbing 2 tins in each hand guided only by quick thinking tobacco lust. I came up with:

- Solani Silver Flake
- 3 Oaks Syrian
- Whichever Frog Morton hit my fingers first

From there it would be all downhill mumbling madness and I'd grab either an Orlik Golden Sliced or a Peter Stokeby Luxury Navy Flake. Whichever I got first.

That was so stressful!! I need a beer or something.

If my house was on fire I'd just be happy my tobacco would burn up ultimately fulfilling its purpose in the universe...

If my house was on fire I'd just be happy my tobacco would burn up ultimately fulfilling its purpose in the universe...

$Glass_half_full_kind_of_day.JPG

Can't damper the spirits of a Whiskey Badger:001_smile

If my house were on fire, I'd grab all of my McClelland X-Mas Cheer 2013, my jars of Penzance, and any tins that have age on them. Other tobacco can be replaced easily.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
It's a much fuller smoke with more whisps of cocoa burley goodness. If you are a burley fan I think it's a must try. Even guys who don't normally like burley love that.

Just starting to step out of the boat in trying new pipe tobacco's, So reading this thread is great. If you say ABF is Carter Hall comparable, I will be looking to purchase it. Just got in some Frog Morton thanks to Caveman's advice and it's great!

I should clarify that while they're both burley blends, they do have big differences. Carter hall is a nice smooth and sweet burley. ABF while smooth, is definitely more full bodied than CH. I am a burley fan though so I love ABF ( arguably best burley around IMO) and think you should try it. Flakes are always fun!

So when you say full bodied, does that mean strong?

Burley does tend to have a higher nicotine level than most tobaccos, but I wouldn't say it's considered one of the stronger tobaccos on the market. Smoking it post meal might be a good idea though. I hope I'm not scaring you :)

Hirsute will call BS here, since he's heard me say, "man, if this was the only tobacco I could find to smoke, I'd be cool with it" way too many times.. lotsa faves over here! But, if I had to make a list right now..

1. Steve Books' Balkan Superior
2. Davidoff Flake Medalions
3. SG - FVF (the VA flake category would be a tough call, but I'm puffin' some FVF as I left-thumb this list out)
4. MacBaren HH ODF .. While I smoked the ODF, I'd be wondering if Uhle's Perfection Plug Burley shoulda been my Burley pick.

on the other hand, if I just doubled-up on Stonehaven and Penzance, the search party would likely be much more inspired to find me!

1. McClelland 2013 Christmas Cheer
2. Just For Him Shortcut to Mushrooms
3. McClelland 2015
4. Carter Hall

I don't have a desert island tobacco, but was interested to see what the front runners were so I took a look at the lists put forward so far...

3 Oaks Syrian got 5 votes
Carter Hall got 3 votes
EMP got 3 votes

And the four tobaccos that got 2 votes (if I did this right) are:

Escudo
McClelland 2013 Christmas Cheer
Nightcap
FM Cellar

This gives me some idea of what to try next.

Top Bottom