What's new

Klenzo Restore

Here's my latest project, this cool old Klenzo. Unfortunately, the lettering color on the logo is mostly gone, but it's still a neat old handle with a lot of vintage character. And it's otherwise in really good shape. The knot is a 22 mm TGN Silvertip Grade A, set at 51MM. I'm finding it to be a really nice knot, and this brush has definitely made my favorites list. For now, anyway :001_rolle.

Have fun.

$IMG_4126.jpg$IMG_4123.jpg

Great looking brush,nice resto job...Any known way of imitating the original lampblack ??

I'd be interested in that, too. I've tried out a couple of different approaches with some beater handles, with limited success. Best was to apply a small amount of thinned Krylon and let it flow into the recessed letters, let it dry, and then gently sand off the excess from the higher area surrounding. It does restore some color, but where the recesses themselves are worn, it doesn't come out very crisp.

Anyone else have a technique for this?

Great looking brush,nice resto job...Any known way of imitating the original lampblack ??
we have a sticker shop that makes decals like the old model cars used,then clear coat on top?you need a good pic of the old printing and they should be able to duplicate it.

Top Bottom