What's new

Some random newbie questions.

Ok, so my wife is getting me some wet shaving gear for Xmas and I had a question or two.

My first is regarding the shaving cream/soap after you have finished using it do you rinse the excess foam out of the container or off the puck or do you just let it dry on it?

My second question is regarding existing beards, I have a Chin Strap (sideburns that connect to goatee) and was wondering if lathering my beard with the rest of my face will leave any sort of reside or anything of the sort? also any tips or guides on shaving around a beard with a DE razor would be much appreciated.

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you aboard. I don't have a beard, so I can't answer your question, but regarding the soap, I just let mine dry. Dried soap is still soap and will add to the next lather you make.

Question #1
I personally wash off the excess.

Question #2
I'm growing a moustache for Movember, and I don't lather my upper lip; however, a little lather generally gets on the whiskers, and I just wash it out. I haven't noticed any issues with residue.

Welcome here and thanks for jumping on board. To your questions:

My first is regarding the shaving cream/soap after you have finished using it do you rinse the excess foam out of the container or off the puck or do you just let it dry on it?

Just let it air dry.

My second question is regarding existing beards, I have a Chin Strap (sideburns that connect to goatee) and was wondering if lathering my beard with the rest of my face will leave any sort of reside or anything of the sort?

No. Just rinse when you rinse post shave. The soap actually may impart some oils or other positive elements to your beard.

also any tips or guides on shaving around a beard with a DE razor would be much appreciated.

No different then with a cart. Just be careful and pay attention. Like I tell my Boy Scouts, "Keep your brain in gear at all times."

Welcome aboard! Some of the cream/soaps will actually act as a conditioner for your beard. I had one and never had any issues removing the excess soap.

Welcome aboard! Some of the cream/soaps will actually act as a conditioner for your beard. I had one and never had any issues removing the excess soap.

The soap my wife got me is the Taylor of Old Bond sandalwood, I cant recall if its conditioner or not.

Welcome to the B & B forum! Lots of shavers here with years of experience they are willing to share. I know you will enjoy the free exchange of information!

Greetings, just let the puck dry as xxvaleria remarked above dried soap is still soap. As to reactions - if you rinse your face and then discover that whatever small amount of residue remains in your beard is causing an adverse reaction then you're allergic to that product and should stop using. No allergy and you like it = no problem.

Top Bottom