What's new

Thoughts on the Nemosine Ltd Fission

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
The grip looks to be uncomfortable for my tastes. Too large of a step plus the metal section -- yuck.

I'd be more tempted by their Singularity model.

Nemosine. Nice name! :thumbup1:

The grip looks to be uncomfortable for my tastes. Too large of a step plus the metal section -- yuck.

I'd be more tempted by their Singularity model.
The Singularity is an okay pen...its best feature IMO is the option for a .6 or .8mm stub, and you get 6 cartridges stuffed in the box, but the inkflow...oh, the inkflow. It's passable, but the nibs need work out of the box if you're used to smooth and wet writing.

Structurally it's okay. Light plastic, 'ala 78G, with pyramid points on the cap and back. But don't expect anything amazing.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
The pen I'm inquiring about is the metal Fission, not the plastic bodied Limited or Singularity. I'm on my feet a lot at work, with frequent stooping and bending, so pens have a tendency to go to ground too frequently to risk carrying a nice plastic bodied pen, my Mont Blanc did not survive a fall, but was replaced under warranty. Reviews on Amazon seem positive, but many are not from "pen people".
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JG0UP9G...lid=2CZ64BH8YUPRP&coliid=I2G6FKVDM0Q96X&psc=1

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Having absolutely no self control, I placed an order for the Fission. I currently use a Lamy Al Star with EF nib. I will compare the two after I get some use out of it.

I have a couple Nemosine pens and nibs. I think they perform way above their price point. Instant-on, all the time. Not fussy about ink or paper.

Top Bottom