What's new

Multiple Razors .....Canadian sources ?

Greetings,
ok, I'm a newbie at this straightEdge razor thing. I must admit I am very intrigued by the whole process. At this point I'm narrowing my search for my first razor. Which brings me to my first question, why do you need more than one razor ? Is this like a guitarist having more than one guitar, or a woodworker having multiple sanders ? I don't get it. I was browsing around www.dovorazors.com and saw they had a 7-day straightedge set for sale. Each has the day of the week engraved. What's with that ? Is this because they need to be re-sharpened often or is it like using a fine instrument.....where you get obsessed about the different handles etc ?

Another question, are there decent shaving supply retailers in Canada ? I've come across a few online places but none that deal in straightedge razors. I'd prefer skipping the brokerage fees when ordering from the U.S. if possible.

That's it for today,
Doug

Not sure about canadian retailers. The 7 day kit allows you to spend more time between honing and stropping your razors. Many think that you should wait a day or so for the steel to settle down between stropping a razor. Besides that, many people like to use different branded razors and different styles because they all shave differently and each posseses different qualities and shaves. Variety is the spice of life.

There's momentum in vancouver (And an online store), but they are consistently overpriced compaired to several other online retailers. The shipping for US retailers ain't so bad either, $6 max. This is pretty lightweight stuff after all.

Top Bottom