What's new

Let's all "3017" a Stick of Arko together . starts Jan 01, 2015

Ok, been sitting on the fence about this. For some weeks I have been working on a puck someone else PIF'd to me in the Bakken, but next time I fly home I'll take that home with me and return with a stick of a Arko. So although I'll be starting a couple of weeks late, I'm in.

The list:

1.kevdogg329
user-online.png

2. Haggises
user-offline.png

3. captaincaveman
user-offline.png

4. SpikedLemon
user-offline.png
~50% 3017'd on Jan 1
5. J-wall
user-offline.png
- 3017 until 3017
6. Deltaboy
user-offline.png

7. mrb7
user-offline.png

8.the_edski
user-offline.png
1/4 stick to 3017
9. Gig103
user-offline.png
~1/2 stick
10. spaz
user-offline.png
Will join once he has Arko in hand

If i missed someone, add them in!! Also add yourself if you want to join this 3017 project.

if I'm able up join at a delay as well , i will immediately go onto the bay and buy myself a puck or two, why not join in on the fun

Ok, I found - in my travel bag - a Mennen container that I had filled with a stick of Arko. I'm guessing that it's probably 95% there, so I'll start tomorrow and use that stick for the effort.

I was having trouble believing that I was "without Arko" here in the Bakken.

ordered, should arrive by the 9th

When it gets in, add yourself to the list.

Any others that want to 3017 Ark in the next month or so, sign up with your start date, and share your 3017 experience of this fabled stick.

i think my honey is trying to tell me something

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1420138611608.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1420138611608.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 138
  • $uploadfromtaptalk1420138631925.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1420138631925.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 136
Mine smells like Ivory soap now. I had a nice shave this morning from Arko.

Mine too. I can't even tell you when I put this stick into the deoderant container, but it's the experiment I reference occasionally and have been doing so for months. So I grated it at as far back as March.

But it still lathers just like new.

Mine too. I can't even tell you when I put this stick into the deoderant container, but it's the experiment I reference occasionally and have been doing so for months. So I grated it at as far back as March.

But it still lathers just like new.

Mine is in a twist-up deodorant container too...I just shoved it in, no grating. Not sure when I last loaded the container but it sure wasn't THAT far back, I basically 3017 Arko all the time.

Best shave I have ever had this morning thanks to Arko and my EJ DE89 with a derby. Very tempting to join but I think the temptation would be too great for me.

Mine is in a twist-up deodorant container too...I just shoved it in, no grating. Not sure when I last loaded the container but it sure wasn't THAT far back, I basically 3017 Arko all the time.

Yeah, this is the stick that I determined you don't need to grate Arko because it's pretty soft already. I also have a stick in one of those West Coast Shaving twist up containers at home, and that one I just shoved it in.

The Mennen containers are not round, so you would have to do some convincing it to get it in, but if the stick is warm it shouldn't be hard to do.

Advice to newbies: Don't put it in the microwave. Bad things happen to it. Just leave it somewhere warm - like next to a heater vent - if you need to warm it up.

Anyone got that YouTube link to a microwaved bar of Ivory soap?

I'm bailing on you all before I begin, sorry. I read the 3017 thread and realized I might have 2+ months of Arko ahead of me, and I'm not really a fan of it. Plus I'm working on my Stirling 3017 and wouldn't mind finishing.

Yeah, this is the stick that I determined you don't need to grate Arko because it's pretty soft already. I also have a stick in one of those West Coast Shaving twist up containers at home, and that one I just shoved it in.

The Mennen containers are not round, so you would have to do some convincing it to get it in, but if the stick is warm it shouldn't be hard to do.

Advice to newbies: Don't put it in the microwave. Bad things happen to it. Just leave it somewhere warm - like next to a heater vent - if you need to warm it up.

Anyone got that YouTube link to a microwaved bar of Ivory soap?

Honestly, I don't even find it needs heat or convincing. I just unwrap it and shove it sideways into the container, basically biscuit-cutter style except it only takes one layer to fill the container.* No fanfare, no complication, just unwrap and shove and continue with my shave. It's about as stiff as Play-Doh and its structural integrity is more like cake than bread. One could also say it's more like soft pasta that was boiled a little bit beyond al-dente. I should try to remember to make a video next time since this comes up so often and people make it harder than it has to be.

*: I use a somewhat small travel-size Arrid container. It's an elongated oval shape and looks a lot smaller than an Arko stick but at the center it's slightly thicker than the stick and its length is about half the length of the stick. The oval cutting flash slivers get folded back onto the remaining stick to be containerized next time or I stick them to the top of the container-loaded portion (also not complicated, just place them there firmly).

Bowlifying it works the same, just shove it into the bowl or mug, no heating, no grating, no fanfare, no complication...just a moderate push.

Melt-and-pour soaps are ok in the nukebox, but other soaps (like Arko) are definitely not. I love unwise microwave experiments and learned about puffing-up soap a long time ago. I found this video that demonstrates it quite well:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom