What's new

Edwin Jagger Silvertip Extra Large 25mm - Arrival

Price$210
ModelEx Large Silvertip
ColorFaux Ivory
MFR GradeSilvertip

Presentation7.5/10

Brush comes nestled in an elegant, thick cardboard tube, with clear text and a soft touch coating.

Rather dry and pedantic verbiage on the back of the tube.

Off of center QR code is a head scratcher. Seems like an out of place afterthought, with a weird product fit. Perhaps i'm out of touch, but to me this cockeyed sticker looks cheap.

Tube slides open fluidly, with consistent, measured feedback and speed.

Appearance8/10
Lovely lines on this one.

Very handsome and comfortable handle

Knot Density5/10
Average to substandard knot density.

Measurements

Knot Size24.24mm

Pre-Bloom Canopy49.95mm

Loft54.15mm

Total20.5

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the measurements and details Joel -- really looking forward to your Brush Off (aka Buying Guide) results!

One of the brushes I'm considering as an addition to my sole badger (Duke 3 Best) is the EJ Large or Extra Large Silvertip (sorry to hear density is sub-par).

I'm also considering a Simpson Chubby 2 (Super Three Band, Two Band, or Manchurian), Morris & Forndran XL2, L7, or Chief, or a Rooney Stubby 2 or 3.

Just tell me what to do ;-)

John

Great looking brush ! Congrats ! I must say of all my brushes the Edwin Jagger brushes from the best badger small to the large Silvertips I own from them; It is one of maybe 3 brushes I actually want to use and look forward when it comes up either by rotation or, by choice. I think you will really like this brush, and FWIW I agree with your observation with the QR code I wish Neil would either make it look good and make sense or, just leave it off the packaging tube ! and secondly for the price Kent has a way nicer packaging. Other than that GREAT brush !

Top Bottom