What's new

Pearl TTO Open Comb - aggressive beast

Received this razor over the weekend. I was under the impression that it was a fair bit milder than a Fatip and the rebadged Pearl razors - Razorock Jaws, Cadet, HTGAM Symmetry etc. I was surprised how aggressive this thing is. It felt equally as aggressive as the Fatip, I had to be incredibly attentive on my first shave as I could really feel the blade.

A little disappointed as I was hoping for something milder! I read several reports on how this is a fairly mild razor. Certainly not my experience. Makes me wonder if Pearl have altered the design or maybe a I got a rogue one. Certainly an interesting razor.

$i-hDKnPGj-L.jpg

Compared to the Fatip

$i-B4KxC7Q-L.jpg

Gorgeous looking razor, and definitely looks aggressive. I doubt it's a rogue, since the TTO doors will be metal pressings and won't go too much off during manufacturing.

If you're disappointed, I'm first in the queue for a PIF (who can resist a a nice looking OC TTO?) :tongue_sm

Yes you're probably right. Not many TTO OC razors around from what I can see so this razor is really nice to have and inexpensive.

Pearl certainly make some interesting razors. I'll see how I get on with this beast for a few weeks!

For anyone in Europe these Pearl razors are available from the usual Spanish retailers. I'm sure there are others.

Last edited:
I don't think you have a rogue. It looks the same as my Cadet OC TTO. I found it moderately aggressive - about the same as the regular Cadet three piece OC.

I have the Pearl three piece, same head as the Cadet. Funny how people perceive things differently but I find the three piece milder.

I don't think you have a rogue. It looks the same as my Cadet OC TTO. I found it moderately aggressive - about the same as the regular Cadet three piece OC.

Top Bottom