What's new

Great gift from my wife

Last week my wife gave me a fantastic gift! Presented to me in a neatly wrapped box was: an antique Gillette razor, three boxes of Merkur blades, one box of Dorco blades, a boar's hair brush, a jar of Tabac shaving soap, a tube of Clubman shaving cream, and a bar of Grandpa's Pine Tar soap. To this point the pinnacle of my shaving experience was centered on a can of pressurized foam/goo and a Mach 3 razor.

After reading a few posts here and watching tutorial videos I started to use the soaps with my Mach 3 because I thought I would nick myself silly with the double edged blade. Saturday was my first "real" shave of my life. It was by far the closest shave I have ever had and I was quite pleased that I did not nick myself. I thoroughly enjoy this method of shaving, the equipment, the soaps, and that fact that my wife finds the whole thing sexy.:wink:

Zonian, Welcome to B&B, you are a lucky man. Not only have you started to enjoy the best shaves of your life, but your wife knows where to find all the goodies you need....Enjoy!!!!

Wow what a nice gift set.!!

Hmmm...what will your wife think when you have 10 or 11 razors??:eek: Trust me, it's addicting!!

Welcome and enjoy!!

Welcome aboard! Getting started off right with the Tabac!!!! Glad to hear that your wife enjoy's your shaving as well.....:wink:

Welcome to B&B! which may not be enough considering what your wife has done for you. Sounds like you will be one of the few whose wife has no problem with acquisition disorders and will fully understand that RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

marty

Your wife rocks.

How did she know to get all that good stuff? Has she been snooping here?
Yes. It turns out she has been snooping and this was one of the best resources she found. Kudos to B&B!

Top Bottom