What's new

I think I'm starting to feed my addicition through others

My daughter, who is only 5, is starting school next January and although she can't write very well yet I've been thinking of getting her a Lamy ABC with some Neon Coral cartridges so she can practice writing at home through out the year. I like the idea of getting her something that she'll be able to use all through her school years. Something she can feel is "hers", not just a throw away pen from the stationery cabinet. Of course there is every chance that she'll break it or lose it or get ink everywhere; or even worse she might just plain old not like it :crying:

a Lamy safari is able to stand up to abuse better then most others, it's big but light

or maybe a kaweco a little guy that her hands can grasp easy

But I've already got a Safari. How can I broaden my horizons if I get another :)

The kaweco is cool and it even comes in pink, but the screw cap might be an issue.

I got my daughter the ABC and the pencil. The pencil was cool because the lead is really thick. She didn't use it a lot, though. It will make the rounds through all the kids.

The ABC FP hasn't gotten a lot of use yet, but that's because we've kept it pretty sheltered (like paint - has to be supervised, on newspaper). Now she's old enough that I can just introduce her to it again and let her have it (she's 7).

Little kids do a lot of erasing. Pens are a novelty for them. I doubt the pen will see much use if she's in a public school.

You may be surprised.

I got my daughter a cheap fountain pen after she showed some interest. Nothing fancy and unbranded, but it had dolphins on and this was a big hit. Anyway, I went cheap and then made sure the nib was smooth, thinking that it'd probably be lost or bust in no time.
Turns out she treasured it and still has it 2 years on. It's not used at school much after the great exploding cartridge incident of 2013, but she does use it at home and takes it in the caravan when we go away for postcards.

Pilot 78g's are another very nice option and the B nibs lay a very nice line! I still think the Safari's are sturdier, but both are very nice.
Good luck.

Top Bottom