What's new

Is the scent of Cella really faint?

Got a sample of Cella from Maggard's Razors and while I love the performance and scent... I almost never smell it whilst shaving. Is it because of I used a sample or is the scent just really that faint that you almost don't smell it while shaving?

It might vary. I'm still working on a kilo of the stuff and I would have to say that it is almost scentless. Others smell something pretty strong and some people won't use it because they don't like the scent.

I use Cella because it works. Thick, protective lather with almost no effort on my part. Scent is unimportant when it comes to Cella and the shave I get from it.

Don

It has a very pleasent, but very fleeting, aroma IMO. But I love marzipan, it doesnt get any better for me!

I agree, it's not that it has a weak scent, just that the scent is fleeting. With some soaps there seem to be strong layers of scent. With Cella it's almost as if the top notes carry the scent, but with little to no base notes.

I use the little red tub of Cella, not the kilo block. Many say the block has a much weaker scent. I LOVE the scent, and literally feel like eating it when i smell it! haha :lol: (put the soap down, and step away:tongue_sm).
But i find the scent to certainly be very present, obviously when you open the tub's lid you smell it, but even while face lathering and shaving - all throughout i can smell it, but at no point is it overwhelming. Its just really nice and pleasant.

the tub i ordered smelled like someone slapped me on the face with some crushed cherry juice lol. mine is super strong scent. in the tub it gets almost sickening when you smell it but when i lather it, it smooths out and has a good scent to it.

the tub i ordered smelled like someone slapped me on the face with some crushed cherry juice lol. mine is super strong scent. in the tub it gets almost sickening when you smell it but when i lather it, it smooths out and has a good scent to it.

Unfortunately for me I never felt like it smoothed out. Good soap but for me, scent wise, I'd rather use Arko.

This was my first marzipan scent. I'm not a fan of it but it grew on me. I wouldn't probably order it again though. I still needa order an arko. Never tried it

I find it to be a light scent, just strong enough to enhance the actual shaving experience, dissipating almost immediately after rinsing and applying the alum block. Thus, it does not interfere with aftershave or cologne. Combine that with excellent lather, and it is one to which I keep coming back.

I have the red tub version.

--Bob

I used a tub then bought the brick. The scent from the tub is strong, IMO. The scent from the brick is present and noticeable, but less so than the tub.

Top Bottom