What's new

Did anyone buy the strange stone + coti combo on eBay today?

Not me - but that guy used to come up with neat stuff sometimes. Looks like he still does.
I thought he was going to give AJ (purple stone guy) a run for the money, but he was never as aggressive.
Well - maybe he is - I haven't checked his auctions in a real long time.

I don't think he sells modern stones. From what I've heard he just goes around to auctions and shops and buys vintage hones for cheap then flips them on eBay. I've bought from him before. He gets a lot of nice stones.

He's a picker and only a picker. A good picker too. I just though he might out-do AJ in stone sales is all. He used to get way better stuff than AJ back a year or two ago.

I was leading for a while but missed the end of the auction. Was a little curious as to what the biggy was. I was more interested in the coti, the box it was in makes me think that someone really loved it.

My guess would be CF, but I agree it's a weird looking stone.
He rates his stones very objectively, unless there is a label he won't call it as it is, even coticules. But he responds to emails and lots of times he knows exactly what he's selling if you ask - worth a shot.
I do know he will say "fine" "very fine" and "extremely fine" to roughly correspond to mid-range, finisher, and very-fine finisher. In his descriptions. I've bought several from him over the years and was always very satisfied with the product.

I didn't get those, but I did pick this one up. Should be here in a few days.

$$_57 (4).jpg

Top Bottom