What's new

How many types of soaps/creams do you really need?

You only have to have one soap or cream at any given time.

Having said that, I don't follow that way of thinking. I have WAY too much soap. I enjoy having lots of choices when I shave thus I have a lot of soap. I've spent money on worse things in my life.

The great part of wet shaving traditionally, is wide the variety of soaps to use. I mainly use artisan soaps because they are for the most great soaps, also a great variety too.

Run, far and fast or "SAD" is going to get ya! Consider your Taylor's a gateway drug. You will soon be feeding the SAD beast.

Seriously though, you need only one but it is nice to have a couple. More than that and you never really use one enough to bring out it's full potential. Stick with a few and use them for a week at a time, use them up, and move on from there.

I'm not there yet, but my goal is to get down to 4 to 6 soaps/creams. Here is my thinking: I've tried just about everything, and if I can narrow it down, cost becomes less of a factor, maybe a non-factor.

I picked up a Cold River Soap Works "Winter" to try. Really looking forward to it. Will have to let you know how it goes in this thread or the other I am posting about it in.

I picked up a Cold River Soap Works "Winter" to try. Really looking forward to it. Will have to let you know how it goes in this thread or the other I am posting about it in.

Please do. I'm intrigued by that sent. Could b one of my next purchases... I'm a big fan of their select sandalwood (not trying to feed ur SAD).

My first was TOBS Sandalwood. I still love it. Then Musgo Real Classic cream (in a tube). Nice, but no better. Cella croap. Disaster.

Then, Petal Pusher Fancies coconut soap. Awesome! Lathers like nothing before, with a tremendous, bathroom-filling scent. Then PPF black tea and oakmoss. Love this stuff.

Tried Tabac soap today. (I'm a huge Tabac AS and cologne fan.) Tremendous lather, and the endearing Tabac scent! My new go-to...

Got my Cold Water Soap Works: Winter today! Will give it a try after I complete my house work and write up a review in a new thread. I will post the link here once it is complete.

Top Bottom