What's new

I found my marbles!

I have an EJ 89. It seems to be very mild, which is perfect for my face.
I have tried Derby's, Personna, Dorco, Wilkinson and a few
drug store blades. I still have some Feathers to try, but I have been using Astra's for the last week and I am thoroughly pleased. No burn, no nicks, no weepers. Just a comfortable, close shave that beats all previous shaves.
I am face lathering with a $10.00 Omega boar brush and Kiss MY Face patchouli shave cream.
After shave is good old witch hazel, Aqua velva or old spice. My wife loves the old stuff.
I'll still try the Feathers, but I am a little frightened of the reputation of being aggressive.
I suspect my 100 plus order will be Astra's.
How about sharing what your favorite combo is?
patrick

Last edited:
Newbie here so I have a mild blade, Derby in a Parker 90r . 4 shaves in and doing ok so far . LOL and I just took and passed my Phlebotomy National cert in GA.

I have an EJ 89. It seems to be very mild, which is perfect for my face.
I have tried Derby's, Personna, Dorco, Wilkinson and a few
drug store blades. I still have some Feathers to try, but I have been using Astra's for the last week and I am thoroughly pleased. No burn, no nicks, no weepers. Just a comfortable, close shave that beats all previous shaves.
I am face lathering with a $10.00 Omega boar brush and Kiss MY Face patchouli shave cream.
After shave is good old witch hazel, Aqua velva or old spice. My wife loves the old stuff.
I'll still try the Feathers, but I am a little frightened of the reputation of being aggressive.
I suspect my 100 plus order will be Astra's.
How about sharing what your favorite combo is?
patrick

I like Astras blades with a Toggle and WSP Prince brush.

A lot of people love Astra's. I prefer Feather's so far, but I'm still pretty new. My only razor at this point is a 34c. I like a variety of soaps: Stirling, Cella, TOBS. Likewise, I like to mix it up with my AS, but the Captain's Choice is a favorite for sure.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I love Israeli Red Personna and Gillette Silver Blue blades and use them in all my DE razors. I think I've tried almost all DE blades on the market.

For me it's clearly GSBs in a Slim or Fatboy or even a Tech. I also liked the Russian 7 O'Clock Blue Super Platinum, but they don't seem to be available anymore at reasonable prices.

Top Bottom