What's new

Thick, lush cream required

My normal go to is bluebeards revenge, love how thick it feels but i baulk at the prices and fancy trying something else.

Tried the three t's and whilst nice i wouldn't call them thick or lush, though taylors rose comes close.

Any suggestions?

I used Edwin Jagger aloe Vera shave cream today and it produces a nice lather with excellent skin properties. Will hopefully be receiving some of the snaffle wood scent in my Christmas stocking. Always a good shave.

I get good thick cream with KMF and Biotique Bio Palmyra

But I would say that the BBP is a tad more lush and thick.

Last edited:
+1 for the Cyril Salter creams. I have the rose and the almond, and they each produce luxurious lather, hitting above their cost.

Tried the three t's and whilst nice i wouldn't call them thick or lush, though taylors rose comes close.
Seriously? Wow.

If you don't consider the Three T's thick or lush creams, I have no idea what you WOULD consider as such. Godrej...maybe? Acca Kappa? But again, if TOBS of all things doesn't hit the mark for you, I'm stumped.

I've heard people knock the Three T creams for several reasons in my years here, but not being "thick" was never among them.

Maybe you should look at some of Xillion's lather pics. Or switch to soaps, load tons of product, use tons of water, a scuttle, and continue building lather that fills it up.

Last edited:
St James or Groomed (all made by Connaught shaving, apparently the same producer as the classical English shaving)
For the rest, I agree with Kevan, if the "3 T's" don't give you a lush lather, it will be hard to find something better. Especially if price is an issue.

When I said thick, what I meant to say was the blade glides better, like there's more of a buffer.

Thanks for the suggestions, went with Biotique Bio Palmyra in the end, mainly down to avalibility.

But Cyril salter is on my to try list.

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
Al's Shaving Products (Goodfellas is my favorite, Jubilee next, heck they are all great - and he's got a sampler)
Al's aftershaves are super too.

I used Edwin Jagger aloe Vera shave cream today and it produces a nice lather with excellent skin properties. Will hopefully be receiving some of the snaffle wood scent in my Christmas stocking. Always a good shave.

+1 on this. I was just about to say that the Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera cream feels fantastic. Love the gentle scent also. And the lather is always rich.

I know this particular cream has its detractors but I get an incredibly lush, cushioned lather from Jack Black Supreme Cream. You've got to add a little more water than you would with most creams and you've got to work it a little harder in the lathering stage but if you do you'll be rewarded with the thickest, creamiest lather that I've seen anyway...

Top Bottom