What's new

Trunk Club - Would you? Do you? Have you?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I found this ad on my twitter feed for Trunk Club https://www.trunkclub.com/

You sign up and take a survey about your style. You are then sent a "trunk" of clothes to try on and you only pay for what you decide to keep. The rest you send back for free.
They say a real person, your personal stylist, will hand pick your clothes for you.

Denim runs $170-$200
Casual shirts $100-$200
Sweaters $100-$300
and so on.

Not dealing with any low end brands here it seems.

Next time you want a trunk delivered you simply log in and request one. Then go through the same process of trying on the clothes and keeping what you like.

So

Would you?
Do you?
Have you?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Well, if your only cost is paying for the clothes you actually buy, and no shipping costs either way, then why not give it a try. The worst that happens is the trunk arrives, you try stuff on, don't like it, and send it back.

I think I contacted them once, but the person I spoke to agreed that it probably wasn't worth it to me since they wouldn't have access to my sizes (mostly due to my height build, 6'6" 270lb, 48-50 jacket, 36-38 pant, 36 inseam, etc)

If they shipped to Canada, I would give it a whirl just to see what it was like. The pricepoint is a fair bit higher than I normally pay, however.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
the only thing that's stopping me is if I like the clothes I have to keep them and pay for them.

My style isn't 200 jeans and 100 sweaters.

If you have the money and are looking for some style ideas you may not have considered for yourself before, go for it. Would I do it .....no. I am on the slow part of my life. Young family, one income, I am glad I bought high quality in my younger days so they will last me. Just my life situation.
Johnny

This is more than I usually pay for clothes too. However, a sizeable chunk of my wardrobe was purchased in college or even high school (graduated in 2000 and 1996, respectively). I have been thinking for a while that it really is time for an update, but I never make time for it. This would certainly be a handy service.

Maybe someone should start a service like this - but with items picked up at the local thrift store. I'd be all in! :thumbup:

You may think I'm joking, but nearly all my work wardrobe is 2nd hand stuff. Jos A Bank suits, Dockers, Izod, Hilfiger, Florsheim, etc. I even passed on a Brooks Brothers tweed jacket...

I've seen Trunk Club advertised on Twitter and read some blurbs about it in various men's magazines. I think if you have the $$$, but no time and don't have a nose for what's in style at the moment this would be worth a try. But I think if you go to a place like Nordstroms or some other high end store that offers Concierge/personal shopper service that would pretty much accomplish the same thing. Trunk Club has a store here in downtown Chicago, would be fun to check it out sometime.

Too bad Marshalls or TJ Maxx don't offer a service like this because I'd be all over that:thumbup:.

Last edited:
I signed up for it and then backed out (prior to shipment) due to cost. I then got badgered by my personal "stylist" for like a month asking me to sign back up. I really like the idea, but I think they need to start a version at a lower price point.

I just joined the trunk show and it is a bit on the pricey side. But the quality is really good. The clothes fit better than what I have purchased at places like Kohls I am lucky enough to live near Chicago so I was able to sit an talk to my stylist and try items on with her there. These are real people as I saw a bunch of stylist runinng arounf picking out clothes. The place is huge.

On of the things they do (not sure if this is true fro items shipped) is they only have one length og pants so you will need to get them properly hemmed. If you are in Chicago they will do for free.

Being that I went there I most likely spent more than I should have but I do love what I got.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
That's great that you actually got to meet in person. I didn't know that was an option.

Top Bottom