What's new

Acceptable "man cry" movie scenes?

Being the barbaric shave site that this is I assume on go-to answer is "none!"

Older guys I know will list Brian's Song.

Mine are the very common "Hey Dad. Wanna have a catch?" Field Of Dreams.

Also, "Tell me I am a good man. Tell me I've led a good life." Saving Private Ryan's ending.

I now have a third. Right after Robin Williams died I saw snippets of What Dreams May Come. That damn movie is like the male version of a lifetime chick-flick. You can damned near cry throughout the entire damned thing. Like they set out with the intent to make men cry. I had to watch it alone like a dirty movie. Don't want the wife or son walking in to see me in that condition. And if you've seen the movie you know the site of your wife or son during certain points of the movie will make you sob even more.:biggrin1:

What do you have?

Totally agree on Field of Dreams.

What Dreams May Come also makes me blubber like a little girl (good to know I'm not alone).

Last movie that got me was the "Lone Survivor" with Mark Wahlberg about the SEALS in Afghanistan. The ending showed the guys in real life home movies with their kids and wives. Me and my wife completely lost it for a bit.

I, too, thought I was alone when it comes to What Dreams may come. Good to know there are others.
What always starts the waterfalls with me is the death of Mufasa in The Lion King. Also the death and the final words of V in V for Vendetta.

For me, its the scene in "Highlander End Game" when Connor forces Duncan to take his head...and the scene in "Toy Story" when Andy gives away his toys...

Return of the King - "You bow to no one."

Oh yeah, and the scene from The Patriot when the little girl is running after Mel Gibson yelling "Dada, Dada".

Yeah, Field of Dreams here too.
Also Glory when the regiment forms up and begins their march towards the fort knowing it's mostly death that awaits. The bravery and dedication displayed (even throughout that entire conflict) gets to me the more I study it.

There's a recent movie called About Time and I don't want to list any spoilers, but if you are a father or, even more far-fetched, have a father, then a pivotal scene very near the end will rip you up.

Decades ago I had to stop watching movies in which dogs die. Those scenes destroy me. People not so much.

Why do I cry over this scene? I'm Jewish. But it gets to me every time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess that i am the first Dr who fan posting here:
When Matt Smith begs Amy to come back into the tardis "come along pond, PLEASE" and he starts crying.
When David regenerates.
Several more, i mean doctor who is known for the feels.

3:10 to Yuma. Christian Bale, knowing he is likely going to be killed, tells his son to remember his old man got the prisoner to the train.

Top Bottom