What's new

Reunited with an old friend...

Lately I have been using some TOBS sandalwood soap for my shaves because I just love the smell. It's truly one of my favorite scents out there and will likely remain in my rotation for quite a while. But I just bought another puck of Mitchell's Wool Fat and used it this morning. It's probably been months since my last one ran out and I almost feel foolish for waiting so long to get a refill. My shave this morning was simply amazing. While I may enjoy the sandalwood scent of TOBS more, there is no denying how great MWF is for my skin. Great lather, great protection, tons of slickness, and the post shave of this soap is second to none. As a matter of fact, it lathered even better than in the past because my Omega boar brush worked wonders compared to the AoS badger brush I used before. I almost wish my stubble grew back faster so I can shave again already.

As a matter of fact, it lathered even better than in the past because my Omega boar brush worked wonders compared to the AoS badger brush I used before.

I'm not surprised - MWF and boar brushes are a match made in heaven. In fact, I've yet to find a soap my boar brush didn't conquer.

I guess you haven't tried mdc yet. The only soap I've used that works better with badger than boar.
Nope. Never tried mdc. I'm sure it will, at some point, find its way into my den. I have heard good things about it.

It's always nice to to be reunited with something that you always enjoyed in the past and find out how much you really enjoyed it then and now.

Honestly, MWF is the most enjoyable product I have used. I will admit I have not tried nearly the number of soaps and creams that many other gents here have used. So far I have used VDH premium and luxury soaps, AoS lemon cream, Proraso Red cream, TOBS sandalwood, and good ol' MWF. I've had good to excellent results with all of them but going back to MWF after a few months away really made me appreciate the quality shaves I get with it. However, I am always looking for an excuse to try something new and have my wife question why I bought yet another soap or cream. I am thinking one of the smaller artisan soaps like maybe Stirling or Catie's Bubbles.

Top Bottom