What's new

Looking for an all-natural shaving cream, any suggestions?

Greetings,
Anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for an all-natural shaving cream good for a beginner to try? Perhaps an all-natural sampler pack of some kind that I might be able to mail-order from somewhere?
Thank you

Greetings,
Anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for an all-natural shaving cream good for a beginner to try? Perhaps an all-natural sampler pack of some kind that I might be able to mail-order from somewhere?
Thank you

Most shops operate via the Internet, I didn't even know you could still mail-order.
Check out Castle Forbes, their Lavender, and Lime are excellent. Both are free of parabens, and scented with EO.

Most shops operate via the Internet, I didn't even know you could still mail-order.
Check out Castle Forbes, their Lavender, and Lime are excellent. Both are free of parabens, and scented with EO.

CF creams are excellent and 'all-natural'.
other cream brands that market themselves as 'all natural'...
St James of London
Speick

Kiss my Face cream is all natural. Get better shaves with it than I do with some creams that cost more $$ too.

Speick is great. The Maca Root from The Body Shop would be a great cream to try as well. I've never tried it but I've read that the Bio Palmyra (sp?) made in India is amazing.

Good luck.

Not to start an argument, but many of the vendors that have been mentioned that claim "all natural" status still include some pretty questionable ingredients (particularly the creams).

My recommendation would be to stick with artisan vendors such as Stirling, Mama Bears, Razorock, Mike's, etc.

Not to start an argument, but many of the vendors that have been mentioned that claim "all natural" status still include some pretty questionable ingredients (particularly the creams).

My recommendation would be to stick with artisan vendors such as Stirling, Mama Bears, Razorock, Mike's, etc.
Which ones?

Which ones?

I'm not claiming that there is any scientific evidence that any of these are by any means dangerous to humans in the quantities typically found in soaps and creams. But some have made that claim, and that being the case, I am simply suggesting that there are more "natural" options available.

Castle Forbes - triethanolamine, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben, propylparaben
St. James of London - Parfum, Triethanolamine
The Body Shop Maca Root - Triethanolamine, Parfum, Tetrasodium EDTA
Queen Charlotte Soaps - Phenoxyethanol

I am far from an expert, not having studied all the labels and ingredients available, but wouldn't some of the more artisan soaps qualify like Mike's Natural, Stirling, perhaps Queen Charlotte. I would think that all the mass market soaps like Castle Forbes, TOBS, etc. would have a lot of ingredients with very long names (i.e. not natural).

There are loads of recipes online for olive oil/shea butter creams that you can make in your own home. Not many better ways to maintain control and be certain of an "all natural" shaving product, than simply doing it yourself.

It is a preservative. All shaving cream needs to contain a preservative.

Yes and Yes, but if you search, you will find studies that question the safety of this particular preservative. As I said, I am not making any claims that these items aren't safe, I'm just saying there are alternatives that are much less questionable.

Top Bottom