What's new

Root Beer brush?

I cannot for the life of me remember the maker and name of this brush!!! No markings are found on it anywhere.. Anyone know??
Another question: How does this type of synthetic hair perform?? Would it be best to just leave it or modernize it? I have another brush with similar synthetic hair in much better shape than this one is why I'm asking.. I
$squat brush 003.JPG

I'm pretty sure it's a rubberset ###N ? It's a cool handle but the knot is garbage, I'd definitely reknot it.
I tried bidding on one of these awhile back but it went way higher than I was willing to, apparently it's a very sought after handle.

I cannot for the life of me remember the maker and name of this brush!!! No markings are found on it anywhere.. Anyone know??
Another question: How does this type of synthetic hair perform?? Would it be best to just leave it or modernize it? I have another brush with similar synthetic hair in much better shape than this one is why I'm asking.. I
View attachment 521933

---

If it's a Rubberset, probably the 300N:

$300N_1.jpg$300N_2.jpg$300N_3.jpg$300N_4.jpg

Nice.

I've also seen some good artisan recreations of that root beer colour. It is underused in my opinion.

As others have said, that knot is terrible, but replacing it should make for a good brush.

Thanks guys as has been stated, Awesome Information!!
I guess that was what I was thinking of, Bill Squat brush... now to find one!!
There is no lettering left on the bottom of the handle, so I'm just going on what has been posted so far, I'd say this one is a Rubberset 300N..now to get the knot out, spiff it up a bit, and set a nice one back in, I'll have to study it a bit to decide what should go back in it.. any ideas??

Top Bottom