What's new

How Many Strops Do You Own?

Surprised how few Neil Miller strops I saw on people's lists. His craftsmanship is so impeccable I was expecting to see more.

Surprised how few Neil Miller strops I saw on people's lists. His craftsmanship is so impeccable I was expecting to see more.

Come on man, I can only wear out so many strops at a time. I'm working on it. One day I'll add a Neil Miller to my collection. But, for now I'm busy trying to wear out three Scrupleworks and a Tony Miller. Honest I'm going at it too. Only the Tony Miller or my favorite Scrupleworks strops are used daily, according to my whim. You know, neither of the two show any noticeable wear. This could be a while.

Regards

Chasmo

If you ever slap steel to a Neil Miller cordovan you will be hooked for life!

Come on man, I can only wear out so many strops at a time. I'm working on it. One day I'll add a Neil Miller to my collection. But, for now I'm busy trying to wear out three Scrupleworks and a Tony Miller. Honest I'm going at it too. Only the Tony Miller or my favorite Scrupleworks strops are used daily, according to my whim. You know, neither of the two show any noticeable wear. This could be a while.

Regards

Chasmo

OK just out of curiosity I took a look at Neil Milers strops. They do indeed look nice. As a matter of fact for that price anything else would be criminal IMO. I've come to be addicted to straights in way I didn't thought was possible. I am prepared to pay good money for a good straight, but there's no way I'm ever going to pay that kind of money for a strop, but then again we all have different priorities and varying budgets. I guess that's very much part of the charm of B&B [emoji4].

Now I'm going to have my morning shave with my newly bought Puma No 9. A truly great razor IMHO that cost far less than some strops but still more money than most people world pay for a 60 years old used item even though it's in amazing condition.
Kind Regards
Polarbeard

hmmm... Scrupleworks.

I've had my eye on their strops for a while. Let's have some feedback on them please...

There is very little if any break in and mine almost always give me that dry, wispy sound. They are very nice to the touch and leave a very nice edge. Torolf is a real good guy to deal with, friendly. Have no fear he will do what he says he will do.

Regards

Chasmo

A lot of it is the price of Horween cordovan. It is an extremely pricey material, but what a fantastic leather to strop on.

Here is mine.
$P7070001.jpg$P7070011.jpg

I'll fully agree with you there. At least, that is the case where I'm concerned.

Regards

Chasmo

Three. A Walkin' Horse Split side with genuine Linen, a Kanayama 60,000 with Canvas and a Kanayama #3.

They seem to satisfy my stropping needs just fine!

Thank you! As has been mentioned, his strops are far from cheap, but I have never seen a strop of higher quality or better performance.

I have three, two are Tony Miller "plain vanilla," one of which I use all the time, the other I keep packaged as a backup. The other is my "Poor Man's" strop that I learned on and have kept for post-honing stropping.
I need to get a Kanayama sometime soon, though.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Kanayama
TM Horsehide
TM Notovan
TM Latigo
TM Steerhide
TM Bridle
TM Practice Latigo/horsehide combo
Homemade Bridle

Top Bottom