What's new

The last Tradere in the world!

Exactly. The problem here is not with the shipping. Shipping razors is not a rocket science. It's all about profit.

The problem is this is not a US business, European business ships the way they want. Ever try to order Martin de Candre soap from the factory? No USPS equivalent cheap option. Probably for their own reasons.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I wouldn't use one if they paid me. I sold mine. The only thing I regret is that I didn't keep it to sell it for a zillion dollars now.

Nassrasur can only ship to the US using DHL
Why is that exactly? Any explanation?
Deutsche Post uses DHL for sending packets.
Any parcel (declared as such) insured for more than 50€ sent internationally from Germany costs at least 48.49 €. If you don't believe it (I didn't, haha) you (also) can check it out here.

But now, there is a possibility every German online shop which is interested in selling internationally ought to know: the so-called "Großbrief" (big letter), length+ height" depth less than 90cm, minimum dimensions 9x14cm, max. weight 0.5 kg costs considerably less (8.60 €) which includes tracking and insurance for 200€, insurance for a 250 € would be 10.10 €. You also can chek it out via the same link (here again).

So yes, if the original packaging of a razor is not exaggeratedly big and heavy (which may be is the case with Tradere razors, I really don't know) charging 50 € for a fully insured ~200 € razor is ridiculous, respectively it means that such a company is not at all interested in selling outside Germany.

Last edited:
In October I received a brush from Shavemac that was sent Deutsche Post and arrived here by USPS after 11 days in transit. Cost around $17 iirc with no tracking/insurance. The other option was to go with FedEx 2nd day for around $30. DHL was listed as the option for shipping to other countries.

Throwing that in to muddy the waters even further.

I own Gen 1 OC #0009, purchased from Richard when they were first produced. It's a beautiful razor, a bit on the aggressive side. It's definitely a keeper.

i had one for a while it was a good razor but not the be all end all of razors. it was not my favorite i only regret selling it now because they are gone and i would have hung onto it just because it was a rare piece. i wouldnt have even sold it i like having the more rare modern pieces.

Coming in late here I know but I am sure if the vendor tried a bit harder they could find a better deal from some courier.

I just had a dartboard and all the other bits and pieces (over 7 Kg) delivered in less than 3 days from the UK for less than half of the price the OP mentioned; and I live waaayyy downunder, much greater distance than Germany to USA.

Fully insured, the works.

I'm not criticizing the vendor, they probably don't export enough to make the paperwork and the dealing worth the effort.

I was fortunate enough to pick up one of the SB razors off the B/S/T from a fine gentleman who had used it a little. It was pretty much like new. He gave me a very good deal on the razor.

I think it is one of the finest razors ever made. The attention to detail is amazing. It's beautiful and provides a smooth, comfortable shave. It's really too bad that the company is no longer producing these razors.

Top Bottom