What's new

Looking for one aesthetic blade

I have a project in the works where a DE blade will be visible, and am looking for a really cool looking blade for this purpose. Doesn't have to be a good shaver, just cool looking. I'm new to the blades, but wondering if there were any vintage blades that were appealing? I heard there was a black blade at one time?

Just in terms of aesthetics, these are rather beautiful in my opinion (from Mr Razor's Website):

proxy.php

If you like, I can send you one or two.

I was delighted to read this post. To me the aesthetics are really important - of course performance trumps all, but IMHO almost all blades shave well with good technique. So I buy blades that have a cool aesthetic.
And the winner for me is Shark. Retro color scheme, logo and artwork. Something special.
Take a look here.

Shark blades look pretty cool because of their logo script.

Or get a Russian blade with Cyrillic characters, such as Voskhod or Rapira.

Another option would be to polish a stainless blade to a mirror finish. It's pretty easy to do using progressively finer sandpaper used by car painters. Or asking someone that has a cotton or felt buffing wheel and polishing compound (woodworkers, knife makers, jewelers).

Are you making some sort of art project?

I also think the Treet 'Black Beauties' are about the coolest looking blade out there, though I am a tad biased, being as they are one of my top two blades. One thing I would note - the image of them above, through no fault of Space_Cadet, mind you - really does not due them justice. It's hard to capture that 'Blue/Black Steel I guess. Regardless, If you want one for your display, let me know - I'll get one to you (or a couple, if you'd like to shave with one).

-s

No fancy graphics on the blade, but the Eversharp blade is high chrome and reflective. I find that aesthetically pleasing.

proxy.php

I found a couple of Gillette Blue Blades dated coded E3 (1959) that you can have, if you want. They say "Gillette Blue Blade" "Made in the U.S.A." on one side. On the other, they have the Gillette diamond logo with "Known The World Over" along with REG. U.S. PATENT OFF. Both sides also have directional arrows for use of the blade dispenser. They are midnight blue/black with light blue text. If you Google Image search Gillette Blue Blades, you can see a pic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom