What's new

Used shaving soap and brush for first time

Two days ago I bought and used C & E shaving soap and the best badger brush. I had never used soap and a brush to shave before. It was the first time that shaving was actually a pleasurable and relaxing experience. Thanks to those who wrote tutorials on making a lather and pre-shave care on B&B. I have not yet switched from disposable razors to DE razors, but I already notice a difference in how my skin feels after a shave. Looking forward to switching razors soon.

Welcome...It really is nice to turn a "chore" into a pleasurable daily experience.
When you start with a DE, a whole new world opens up...mostly the world of SRAD!:wink:

Once you switch razors it is all over. Good razor, brush and cream makes for a much more pleasurable morning. I actually look forward to shaving in the morning even though it takes a tad more time. Just make the leap. Get the razor. Do it. You know you want to.

The brush and soap is nice on yer noggin too:biggrin:

Welcome to Shaving Addictions Anonymous - we support each others habits and encourage them even more!:thumbup:

That's how I started, except with a cheap boar brush to use with the C&E cream my wonderful wife bought for me. I used that with a two-blade cartridge razor for about two years and it really was an huge improvement over canned gel in terms of results and the experience.

I picked up a DE razor (a month ago) and a C&E Best Badge Brush (two weeks ago). Lordy, Lordy ... what a difference. Even closer shaves and no more neck irritation. And my wife has taken note of various little packages arriving containing blades or soaps or razors since then.

BTW, today I made my first attempt this morning at a four-pass shave with a Gillette Tech I just got with great results and no nicks (although the neck only got three passes). Certainly the best shave I have ever had. The Tech is one gentle razor!

Top Bottom