What's new

What's THE MOST you've paid for a cigar? Was it worth it? Let's hear it!

I've once spent five dollars for a cigar and complained that I paid too much. You might say I'm a big spender.

I'm glad that I tried cigars first, instead of pipes, in early adulthood. Had I gotten into pipes first, there's no way I could have stomached cigar prices.

I'm glad that I tried cigars first, instead of pipes, in early adulthood. Had I gotten into pipes first, there's no way I could have stomached cigar prices.

Yeah, I think that did it for me. My cigar buying journey started when I was looking for some decent cheap smokes for my wedding. This was a good time after I got into pipes, so I got quite a case of sticker shock. And I've enjoyed the cheaper ones I've had, so I'm not really eager to spend much more. I'm struggling to comprehend the benefit of smoking a $500 cigar. How much better can it possibly be?

Vice President of the United States Thomas Marshall

FTFY.

The most I have paid is about $30 for a cigar. I have done it a couple of times. The first time was for some well aged Montecristos and they were well worth the price. The second time was for an Arturo Fuente God of Fire. That one, not so much.

For a box I think I paid $350, it was punch emiratos. Which works out to less than $20 a piece. It was well worth it, firstly it was well aged over 5 years and regional edition, when I was travelling in out of Middle East and I wanted something to commemorate that and it taste quite good to me although the reviews were a bit mixed.

For a single stick probably $50 a Cohiba siglo 6, that was at b&m, although I get it cheaper online but it's my way of supporting local b&m. Without them the local cigar scene wouldn't thrive.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think that did it for me. My cigar buying journey started when I was looking for some decent cheap smokes for my wedding. This was a good time after I got into pipes, so I got quite a case of sticker shock. And I've enjoyed the cheaper ones I've had, so I'm not really eager to spend much more. I'm struggling to comprehend the benefit of smoking a $500 cigar. How much better can it possibly be?

Same here, I could never spend my own money to do it. At this point, I'd be hard pressed to spend anything over $10 a stick for my humidor. The only exception would be if I were out of the country again and found a Cuban, then maybe.

The most that I've spent is around $15 but it is usually a $30 stick. My favorite cigar shop has some black friday deals and one of them is usually a limited supply of high end 5-packs of $30 sticks for half price

15 to 20 range for me , most of my sticks are random deals from online places . But have come across a few that were pretty good getting samplers like this .

Many years ago I bought my father some Pre-Castro cigars for Father's Day. I bought them when I was on a business trip to San Francisco. There were five cigars and they were nicely packaged. I don't recall how much I paid for them; the price was high but not outrageous. When I gave them to my Father I learned he had given up smoking about a month before. However, we both had one cigar. Since I did not smoke cigars at that time I had no way of comparing them to other cigars.

Top Bottom