What's new

What's THE MOST you've paid for a cigar? Was it worth it? Let's hear it!

Afternoon gents,

Well, as a spin off to this thread about the 24k cigar -

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/432447-Who-among-us-has-smoked-the-24k-gold-cigar-Anyone

The responses were as expected. That one would have to be out of their mind to pay such for a single smoke. Being that most things in life are relative. And further, knowing that many non-smokers would - in turn - think that the 5, 10, 15 bucks we pay for stogies is equally outrageous. With all that being said, what is THE MOST you guys have EVER paid for a single stick? Was it worth it?

Share your stories if you would.

I recall paying nearly $40/per cigar for a box of Cubans (either Montecristo or Bolivar...can't recall now). I did this twice until I concluded they weren't worth the cost to me. I know others have quite different points of view.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
$30 for a Romeo e Julieta Museum, and yes, I think it was worth it. One of the few cigars in that price range that I think was worth it

I split a box of cohiba siglo IV gran reserva with 2 of my friends. box of 15 cigars for $2800...so about $185 per cigar. Still have some of those left. Also still have some Partagas Gran Reservas too, It think those were about $125ish? dont really remember that one.

don't judge me, I know I have a CAD problem. :tongue_sm

Not nearly what some have spent, but, I paid about $25 for a Cuban at a resort in the Dominican Republic a few years ago. I wanted to try one while I had the chance. It was a known name, though I can't remember what it was, for some reason I want to say it was an H. Upmann, but that could be wrong. It was a good cigar, but I didn't find it to be any better than the Dominicans and Nicaraguans that I've bought in the US.

Not nearly what some have spent, but, I paid about $25 for a Cuban at a resort in the Dominican Republic a few years ago. I wanted to try one while I had the chance. It was a known name, though I can't remember what it was, for some reason I want to say it was an H. Upmann, but that could be wrong. It was a good cigar, but I didn't find it to be any better than the Dominicans and Nicaraguans that I've bought in the US.

Similar story for me as well, except it was a Cohiba... and most likely fake.

Otherwise, I've spent around $10-15 on quality sticks at B&Ms. Good sticks that I could get cheaper online, but that's the trade off with no having to pay for shipping and waiting a couple days.

The most I've spent on a stick was $16.00 on a Hoyo de Monterey short pyramid LE 2011 at a casa del habano. I only did it because I wanted to know if it was a box worthy purchase from another source (much less expensive). I liked it but could'nt justify the price point of $12 if bought by the box vs my usual go to's which are a few bucks cheaper (Ramon allones SS, Partagas D4, Boli RC's).

Last edited:
The most I ever spent was ~$150 for two Cohiba Sublimes in the cigar bar at the Four Seasons in Singapore - 2009 I think. The comely young attendant pulled out the drawer, selected two for my buddy and me, snipped them, lit them with an elaborate procedure, and handed them to us as we sat in the plushest leather chairs I've ever seen. Then she went off to fetch us whiskey.

Worth it? Duh.

In all likelihood it was a Dominican. .....authentic Habanos are very hard to come by on that island....

I am not a smoker, but it IS interesting to read what folks will pay for a single cigar. Not a critique at all. Like any other product, it is interesting to me that there are Swisher Sweets all the way up to $30-$40 cigars and a price point for all smokers somewhere on that continuum.

Wow, I guess I am a piker. When I was in the Bahamas years ago before I gave up smoking I spent $30 for a Cohiba from Cuba. Quite honestly it was no better than the one I bought in the U.S. for a lot less.

Most I spent is $35 for a Montecristo No. 2, which sadly is the price here in the UK thanks to the tax man. Luckily in Germany they only cost $17, so I get mine there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom