What's new

Attention eBay bidders

I can understand why you are upset. That is one beautiful razor. I have no intentions of ever using a straight razor, I am too lazy for all of the work involved in straight razor shaving, but I would love to own a beautiful piece of workmanship like that.

Attachments

• $173471d1405807348-some-new-razors-dsc03319_zps4ab17f41.jpg
    $173471d1405807348-some-new-razors-dsc03319_zps4ab17f41.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 146
I can understand why you are upset. That is one beautiful razor. I have no intentions of ever using a straight razor, I am too lazy for all of the work involved in straight razor shaving, but I would love to own a beautiful piece of workmanship like that.

Yeah, they are definitely one of the nicer looking razors and you rarely ever see them come up for sale. I'd love to own that razor in the pic but, while some might, I still wouldn't throw a few hundred bucks at it. I want one I can use without worrying about it getting a spot on it. Sure is nice to look at though.

Ok, I just got outbid on a Gillette red dot D-1. It wasn't labeled a red dot, and didn't show the dot. But, $212 is out of my league. It stayed $31 until the last minute. Dang, I really wanted it. Who here did it?

You seriously thought you were going to snip a Gillette red dot for $32? View attachment 522339

No, I bid $31, and it stayed for a few days. Then at the last minute, $85, and the last 5 seconds around $120, but the over $200 bids were put in by two people, the same time. I figured around $120 would be a good deal. Over $200 was too rich for me. I don't remember what a decent red dot goes for.
I figured not many people saw it as a red dot because of the lack of photo angles and bad resolution.

What the heck, I did buy a Barbasol Floating Head Razor for $5.95 a few months ago.

Sniped an awesome straight pelican razor the other day, super smooth shave.

On another note
I do lunch with dfoulk.

Ok no I was only kidding. I've even yet to shave with a straight.

No, I bid $31, and it stayed for a few days. Then at the last minute, $85, and the last 5 seconds around $120, but the over $200 bids were put in by two people, the same time. I figured around $120 would be a good deal. Over $200 was too rich for me. I don't remember what a decent red dot goes for.
I figured not many people saw it as a red dot because of the lack of photo angles and bad resolution.

What the heck, I did buy a Barbasol Floating Head Razor for $5.95 a few months ago.

You see, that's the kind of thing that happens to me too.

I saw something totally mismarked (Rubberset 400 brush) and got excited that I was the only one who found it. The seller had no idea and thought that it was worthless. So I bid a small token amount on it just so that the seller couldn't close the auction thinking that I'd eventually get it on the cheap. I upped my bid at the end to way more than it should have sold for being mismarked. I was figuring out what kind of a knot I wanted for it and sure enough someone comes in and bids way too high on it. If you're going to bid top dollar on something do it on something that's out in the open.

I lost a Filarmomica razor like that too. Yes a Filarmomica which should be of a much lower price that the normally spelled very highly regarded Filarmonica razor that always seems to commands high prices.

Thanks for screwing that one up for me as well.

If it's spelled wrong or you know it's mismarked just leave it alone. Do you have any idea how much time I spend looking for these abnormalities. Way too much time for you people to come and ruin it for me.

Sniped an awesome straight pelican razor the other day, super smooth shave.

On another note
I do lunch with dfoulk.

Ok no I was only kidding. I've even yet to shave with a straight.

Hey funny guy, you had me with that first sentence when I read it.
I'm thinking, this is the smash hole that got my razor.
It's not funny.

I'm not eating lunch with you either.

If it's spelled wrong or you know it's mismarked just leave it alone. Do you have any idea how much time I spend looking for these abnormalities. Way too much time for you people to come and ruin it for me.

That happens to me too mostly when I drink a lot and ebay. The other night I searched " Bag 8 oz pastashio" and I won a "Black 8/8 Pelican" well at least it only cost me $2 more, I was really hungry.

I think it's the auto correct that's the issue

Last edited:
I bid on a Rubberset 400 brush today because the price was fairly reasonable toward the end of the auction so I figured why not.

Sure enough it went for about $30 more than I bid on it, my bid today was about the same price the one I didn't bid on yesterday went for.

So of course I didn't win today.

To whoever did that to me I don't know how you sleep at night.

I hope you enjoy the brush.

To everyone bidding against me I'll be bidding on any and all razors that have the word PAKISTAN stamped in them today.
I believe this brand to be the next Filarmonica with prices to spike very soon.
My goal is to scoop up as many as I can so that I can sell them for big money later on.
Don't bid against me and don't tell anyone because I have enough competition as it is.

Note for the gullible: PAKISTAN razors are complete garbage and won't take a decent edge

Last edited:
I know the pain. I've been trying my best to find and bid on my birth year super speed. I find it occassionaly, bid on it, and during the last few minutes, it's taken away.

I'm quite sure that if everyone knew that they were bidding against B&B's dfoulk, they would immediately close their eBay account, for fear of a tongue-lashing!

No, I think you all like making me suffer and giving me RFS. I think that you will bid against me more now just for the notoriety and prestige that it brings.

RFS - (Red Face Syndrome) this is when someone gets so angry that their face actually turns red. Example (true story) - My brother Doug's boss Gordy was so mad at Doug that he threw his brand new hat on the ground and jumped on it repeatedly while shouting words of vulgarity. Gordy's blood pressure rapidly rose and his face turned a very angry shade of bright red. Gordy had a bad case of RFS.

That's what you people do to me.

Last edited:
I know the pain. I've been trying my best to find and bid on my birth year super speed. I find it occassionaly, bid on it, and during the last few minutes, it's taken away.

Someone here is doing that to you to make you suffer. That's how they are. They do it to me too.

In all seriousness. A Floating Head for $5.95!!!! What a deal!!!!

Top Bottom