What's new

Second Shave Soap?

I am just about to the end of my puck of Art of Shaving Unscented, so I am looking into my second soap. The AoS soap was okay, but sometimes I would get some pretty bad drag, and the razor would start "bouncing." I was also rather unhappy with my desicion to skip the scent. I have had the opportunity to smell English Fern, which I liked a lot, and also Tabac, which was...interesting. My skin is somewhat oily, and my beard is very tough. Any suggestions?

My preference is artisan soaps. There are many out there, read around a bit and see what strikes your fancy. Mikes Natural Soaps is a standout for me. Tabac gets a lot of love here for its performance. So does Arko.
Some of the artisan soap makers sell samples, too, so you can try out a few different aromas.

Hi !
just take some time to browse the soaps section of the forum....
I'd bet you'll buy 2-3 soaps by the end of the day !!

The AoS soap was okay, but sometimes I would get some pretty bad drag, and the razor would start "bouncing."
There are too many great soaps out there. I find recommending soap a daunting task. Just read some reviews and order what sounds good to you. These days, you can hardly go wrong.

If your AOS was dragging, your lather was too dry. You need to add more water.

There are too many great soaps out there. I find recommending soap a daunting task. Just read some reviews and order what sounds good to you. These days, you can hardly go wrong.

If your AOS was dragging, your lather was too dry. You need to add more water.

Thanks everyone for the suggestion, and thanks to TheVez2 for the tip about my lather being to dry. I'll try adding some more water tomorrow!

I put the over/under at 3.5
I've actually been browsing the Soaps section for a while now, and haven't bought anything. That's mostly because nothing seemed like it would be a huge improvement over the AoS soap, but now that I know I'm not adding enough water, I'm going to expand my horizons (i.e. buy more soap!)

I've actually been browsing the Soaps section for a while now, and haven't bought anything. That's mostly because nothing seemed like it would be a huge improvement over the AoS soap, but now that I know I'm not adding enough water, I'm going to expand my horizons (i.e. buy more soap!)

Now you talk...:001_smile

Tiky, Barrister & Mann, Mike's and Cold River are the ones you need ...!

Top Bottom