What's new

Are you the only one that likes it?

What do you use (whether it's hardware or software) that you love and enjoy but no one around here seems to think much of it or talk about it at all?

I like Parker razors. I have two, the 99r TTO and the 24c OC. Both are beatifully crafted, sturdy hunks of metal that make great additions to my den.

I also like an aftershave that's apparently no longer being made. My daughter got it for me last Christmas. It's the 2-in-1 aftershave + lotion from Bath and Body Works. It's a great aftershave that has some excellent ingredients, but I hadn't seen much discussion surrounding it around here. There were a number of scent varities but my favorite was the white citrus.

So, guys....what do you use that gets no love?

I have tried Feathers. I have tried Gillette Silver Blues, Personnas and 7 O'Clock Blacks. They were ok, but I get closer, more comfortable shaves from Shark Super Chromes. I had been convinced that the GSBs would be my fist 100 blade order...now I'm rethinking it. I also thought it was interesting that I didn't really care for the Shark SS or any other Lord blades I've tried. Shark SCs have been the best (so far) of about 20 different blades I have used.

Crystals are a good one. I sorta stepped over them because I got a decent shave with Lab Blues for cheaper, but it's possible that the crystals are sharper and more consistent. Still testing.

My dark horse product is Stetson AS. Not my go-to, but it does a nice job and the scent is pretty robust to my nose.

I realy like VDH blades. I have used astra, wilkenson swards, super max, and dirby but i always go back to the VDH blades.

I'm of the firm belief that Barbasol is better than a good number of soaps and creams I've tried–especially "high end" ones. I might be one of the few that holds that opinion, but I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Williams Mug Soap. Been using it for years... now that I know what I'm going as regards lathering technique, it's a good performer. An old friend..."Williams Wednesday" for me. [emoji41]

Now I mostly use stuff that is common and highly-regarded on the forum. I used to use VDH Deluxe even though many think it is subpar. I'm a value-oriented person that likes to find products (of all kinds) that are perform well but at lower cost than the big names. So I use generic witch hazel, some generic or Dollar Store AS knockoffs, and Ivory or Dial bath soaps.

Beer Soap Brewing Company non-tallow soaps. Best soaps I've ever used.

I keep trying to tell people, but nobody is listening.

My Lord L6. I have reduced to 3 razors in my rotation, and the Lord still gives me the most consistent and comfortable shave of the bunch.

Top Bottom