What's new

Are you the only one that likes it?

Edwin Jagger shaving brushes. I have an EJ best badger that I selected after considerable research, bought on Amazon for about $50. It's been great for me. But I never see anything mentioned about EJ brushes on B&B.

Ladas are now my go to blades based on my experience with a recent sample pack. I start my first blade of a 100 order this coming week. I haven't seen many posts about Ladas blades here.

I will also start my Parker 24C with next week.

I'm kind of the opposite. I cannot stand Thayer's Witch Hazel and most on here speak of it like it's the nectar of the Gods.
I agree with this.

On the things I prefer: I'm not a vegetarian by belief, but I use my Mühle Silvertip Fibre travel brush whenever it's near. I simply find it to be better than both badger and boar - good backbone, yet flexible and not scratchy.
Also, I don't see Voskhod blades mentioned often. Just when you think you tried smooth, these could prove you wrong.

Laser Ultra blades are the best blade I've used in my Merkur Progress. I think that the price for them is so low that most people don't even bother to try them.

$omega-syntex2.jpg$t-shaver.jpg

Omega syntex/nylon brush. Haven't seen this mentioned too often here, and when it has been it's often negative. It behaves a little differently from animal hair brushes, but after I got used to it I've been able to consistently make very good lather. No backbone, but it still works for me. The tips are actually pretty soft. Plus it rinses/cleans very easily and dries quickly.

Taiwan Shaver. I've tried a few different shavettes, and this is my favorite so far. I've only seen a couple posts where this one has been mentioned. Surprisingly good quality. There's at least one eBay seller offering these, at a good price (under $10 if you buy w/o the extra blades). In the picture, there are a couple of spots where it looks "dirty," but that's just some sticker residue that hasn't come off yet.

My Rimei razor from China. The plating is thin and very cheap and I have to thoroughly dry it after every shave or it will rust but man that thing shaves like a dream. I keep going back to it over all my vintage Gillette's. I wish I could get a brass plated version that would last forever .

Plisson shaving soap. I picked it up while on holidays in Paris. I love it. Again, another one most shavers skip over, but i get a great slick and rich lather, and a fantastic shave. I also love the scent - very Persian light perfume scent. :)

View attachment 522391View attachment 522386

Omega syntex/nylon brush. Haven't seen this mentioned too often here, and when it has been it's often negative. It behaves a little differently from animal hair brushes, but after I got used to it I've been able to consistently make very good lather. No backbone, but it still works for me. The tips are actually pretty soft. Plus it rinses/cleans very easily and dries quickly.

Taiwan Shaver. I've tried a few different shavettes, and this is my favorite so far. I've only seen a couple posts where this one has been mentioned. Surprisingly good quality. There's at least one eBay seller offering these, at a good price (under $10 if you buy w/o the extra blades). In the picture, there are a couple of spots where it looks "dirty," but that's just some sticker residue that hasn't come off yet.

That shavette actually looks pretty cool! May check that out.

Edwin Jagger shaving brushes. I have an EJ best badger that I selected after considerable research, bought on Amazon for about $50. It's been great for me. But I never see anything mentioned about EJ brushes on B&B.

I agree! Same boat as you here...i also use a really nice EJ brush and love it. Really nice to lather, and feels fantastic on the face.

I like Parker razors. I have two, the 99r TTO and the 24c OC. Both are beatifully crafted, sturdy hunks of metal that make great additions to my den.
I also have a Parker. The 82R. It went from being my first and only razor, bought without knowing a lick about razors, to being a redheaded stepchild, because I was convinced that it, and not my technique, was to blame for my poor shaves. And after I bought an R41 and got good with that one, I found that the Parker was a pretty good mild shaver. Now it's my daily driver and the only razor I own that I can shave with practically with my eyes closed. It always gives a smooth, close, comfortable shave with little effort. The R41 shaves closer, but demands more focus, and can do more damage that the 82R. I find the R41 more fun to use, but I think I might have to say that the 82R is my favorite razor...

Has anybody here ever tried Bolzano superinox? They're Italian. I got a five pack recently in a trade, and man! I would need to use more than five blades to know for sure, and I don't know how much they cost or how hard they are too find, but I really like them so far. My first one has lasted for three full shaves so far, and so far they're the only blades I've tried that I'm comfortable using more than twice. As a head shaver with thick, coarse hair, I wear out blades very quickly. Feathers are one and done for me. Personna meds give me two but start pulling a little at the end, and I usually have to clean up with another blade. Crystals give me two full shaves, but the third one isn't worth it. The Bolzano flew through the third shave with flying colors. Being that I only have five of them, I'm going to go for four, and maybe even five shaves each! Oh, and I'm going to start searching for a vendor that carries them as soon as I wrap this post up!

Edit: FYI, Amazon has them. Also, apparently they're made in Germany now, but were made in Italy for over a hundred years. If they were better then, it couldn't have been by much. They only have four hundred-packs left, but if there's still one left on Friday, I'm gonna buy it! I have so many blades, because every time I find one I like, I buy a hundred. The per unit cost is so much lower that way, but eventually I'm going to find myself in possession of multiple lifetimes worth of blades!

Last edited:
I like the Sharks, too. They work well for me.

I have tried Feathers. I have tried Gillette Silver Blues, Personnas and 7 O'Clock Blacks. They were ok, but I get closer, more comfortable shaves from Shark Super Chromes. I had been convinced that the GSBs would be my fist 100 blade order...now I'm rethinking it. I also thought it was interesting that I didn't really care for the Shark SS or any other Lord blades I've tried. Shark SCs have been the best (so far) of about 20 different blades I have used.

Unfortunately I can't find it anymore, but I was really liking the Kappus Aloe Vera Cream. And lately I've been actually enjoying the Yuma. Both on it's own, and with the bottom plate of an Old Type.

Top Bottom