What's new

Move over Simpsons Cafe Latte.

...there's a much better smelling (IMO) coffee-scented lather out there.

I took delivery of a puck of Reef Point Soaps' Espresso this week, and wowee! What a lovely strong, caramel/coffee scent this stuff has.

As I'm not a coffee drinker, I wouldn't rule on which smells more coffee-like, but there's something about the Simpsons cream that turns me off.
Cafe Latte has an acrid sharpness to it that brings to mind - and I know it sounds crazy - a latte with a shot of soy sauce (I warned you it sounded crazy) in lieu of a flavour syrup.
Like a latte made with Spanish roasted beans.

The Reef Point smells kind of like those Kopiko coffee lollies - sweeter, caramelised, and more welcoming.

Can't fault the Simpsons cream for efficacy, though; it works like a dream.
I'll just be sticking with Vanilla and Rose or Lavender and Vetiver.

Are there any other coffee soaps out there that could compare to Reef Point's delicious scent?

Saint Charles mochaccino.

BTW my wife told me she thought the Simpsons smelled like soy sauce too. I didn't pick up on that but its interesting hearing someone else finding the same thing.

Was wanting to try reef point in general and was leaning towards this. Just recently smelled the Simpsons and wasn't overly crazy about it but I know soaps tend to smell differently in the tin as opposed to lathering it up, Curious on the performance of Reef?

I've never heard of Reef Point. I had interest in the Simpson product but maybe I'll hold off. Catie's Baileys Irish Coffee has a nice sweeter coffee scent but so far I haven't been that impressed with the lather.

I would suggest Caties Irish Coffee, I like the lather and think all Caties soaps are fantastic alrounders. It's a very creamy sweet coffee scent with a light touch of Irish whisky in the background.

Saint Charles mochaccino.

BTW my wife told me she thought the Simpsons smelled like soy sauce too. I didn't pick up on that but its interesting hearing someone else finding the same thing.

Fantastic - glad I'm not completely nuts.

Was wanting to try reef point in general and was leaning towards this. Just recently smelled the Simpsons and wasn't overly crazy about it but I know soaps tend to smell differently in the tin as opposed to lathering it up, Curious on the performance of Reef?

The performance is very good. Lathers extremely easily (I was face-lathering with my Muhle synthetic) and leaves the skin very well-moisturised afterwards.
I got quite a few nicks and small cuts in a 2-pass shave, although I am not ready to blame that on the lather, as the blade may be a little sketchy.

Will shave again with a new blade and report back on how protective the lather is, since everything else about it points to Espresso being an excellent soap.

Let us know how it continues to shave, I've been looking at this one. I'm a huge coffee lover, and the ingredient list for reef point soaps looks pretty good, so it seems like a good combo.

Fantastic - glad I'm not completely nuts.

The performance is very good. Lathers extremely easily (I was face-lathering with my Muhle synthetic) and leaves the skin very well-moisturised afterwards.
I got quite a few nicks and small cuts in a 2-pass shave, although I am not ready to blame that on the lather, as the blade may be a little sketchy.

Will shave again with a new blade and report back on how protective the lather is, since everything else about it points to Espresso being an excellent soap.
Right on, thanks

I have the Reef Point Espresso. It smells so good that you want to eat the soap (don't do that). I've tried the Simpsons Cafe Latte before and that was an incredible turnoff

What I'm wondering is which smells better, Reef Point Espresso or Caties Bubbles Irish Coffee? Both soaps perform well for me, but I'd like to know which smells better.

I prefer the caties bubbles scent slightly. When it first came it was staight up coffee. After mellowing a few weeks I was able to get the cream as well. The reef point is kind of coffee and baked goods, like a coffee eclair or a cake with coffee frosting.

I prefer the caties bubbles scent slightly. When it first came it was staight up coffee. After mellowing a few weeks I was able to get the cream as well. The reef point is kind of coffee and baked goods, like a coffee eclair or a cake with coffee frosting.

Thank you for the reply. I'm not fond of the straight black coffee scent so I think the Reef Point Espresso scent is better suited for me. It smells so good. Reminds me of the vending machine coffee that comes pre-sweetened.

Top Bottom