What's new

Bourbon only available in KY

So a little context. A person I work with picked up a bottle of Stranahans which we can't get in MN very easily for me when he took a trip to Denver. Fast forward a few months and he asked me to pick up a bottle of bourbon from KY, but only one that he can't get in MN. budget is $50-100. I generally go to KY every thanksgiving and generally pick up a bottle or two that's tougher to find up here.

Any suggestions? I was debating about one of the newer Weller specialty collects. I'd love to find a bottle of pappy, but I think it'll be a bit too pricey and very hard to find even in KY. If I can find some of the specialty Michters those might be an option.

On top of all this, since he and I talked he had a significant and very bad event happen in his life and I truly think a good bottle of bourbon would be a welcome gift.

Thanks!

Ooooh, tough one. It seems like you should be able to go to a really well-stocked liquor store and find an outstanding selection of things that you may have never seen before. I would just abandon the Pappy thing altogether and hope to luck into something from the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection, which is only slightly more likely, but it can be done!

Stranahan's just became available here & I have been searching for it, literally, for years! Haven't cracked the seal yet on that one.

D'oh! I guess the obvious question is, "what is readily available to you in MN?".

Ooooh, tough one. It seems like you should be able to go to a really well-stocked liquor store and find an outstanding selection of things that you may have never seen before. I would just abandon the Pappy thing altogether and hope to luck into something from the Buffalo Trace Antique Collection, which is only slightly more likely, but it can be done!

Stranahan's just became available here & I have been searching for it, literally, for years! Haven't cracked the seal yet on that one.

D'oh! I guess the obvious question is, "what is readily available to you in MN?".

Yea haven't cracked the stranahans yet either. I'm guessing that what's available nationally is probably available here. However demand might play a factor. I'll look at the Buffalo Trace antique collection. Liquor Barn in Lexington tends to be well stocked depending on the location and I've gone to all of them (kind of a tradition) I'll check in with them when I get there as well.

I'm only going to be down there for 3 days, counting Thanksgiving, so not much time to go to a distillery, though that is a very good idea.

Thanks!

On the bargain side of things, I have only seen Heaven Hill white label 6 yr old BIB in Kentucky. I like it a lot, especially for the price. None of this juice in Texas at all.

On the bargain side of things, I have only seen Heaven Hill white label 6 yr old BIB in Kentucky. I like it a lot, especially for the price. None of this juice in Texas at all.
+1

There are lots of BIB expressions in KY tht don't get shipped elsewhere, and most are well worth buying.

Top Bottom