What's new

Replating Recommendation?

Alright guys,
I got to get my Tech replated - the original finish is finally dulling, but no brassing yet.

I don't know what happened with Sam, he did excellent work and had decent prices, but he's been unavailable for quite a long time now...so, does anyone have a recommendation that doesn't charge 40+ for a simple, quality nickel replate?

Many thanks

I'm looking to eventually get a slim replated and everyone and their mom recommends razorplate.com and that is who I will eventually go with

Would you consider Chris's service better than Razor emporium? Does Chris take them apart, fix them and performing mechanical adjustments prior to plating them?

Would you consider Chris's service better than Razor emporium? Does Chris take them apart, fix them and performing mechanical adjustments prior to plating them?

proxy.php

Razor Emporium is the last place on Earth I'd send one of my razors. And I believe CAP has been cooperating with Chris, whenever a razor needs to be fixed and/or cleaned.

Thanks nuclearblast,

So, from the web site all you do is just post the razor off to chris. Does he contact you when he receives the razor and keep you posted on the progress? I'll be posting this from Ireland.

Posting from Ireland you may be better off with Prestige Electroplating in Yorkshire. They're in the yellow pages, give them a ring. They've done a couple of razors for me in nickel, turnaround was less than two weeks and the results were excellent.

+1 for Chris. A fellow Tar Heel and a true craftsman. You will not be disappointed.

Indeed. Chris is currently working on two of my favorite razors. While it is true that major repairs are handled by Captain, Chris does some minor stuff. For example, he fixed a dropped knob on my #15 Aristocrat, which is more than I could do myself.
Chris is a class act.

Top Bottom