What's new

Souplex Safety Razors

In a recent thread, I asked for suggestions for a change from my noble, reliable vintage Gilletes. One member suggested a Souplex, which I understand were manufactured in Lancashire. Whilst this is not reassuring, it does not mean that Souplex should be automatically dismissed. Has anyone in B & B actually shaved with one of these devices, or am I to be the guinea pig?

Don't you ever break your rotation? I used to do that stuff with pipes, horses, shoes and Lord knows what else! I still do it, but only slightly. It meant that Wednesdays could be tarnished by a crappy pipe and uncomfortable brogues. And if I saw a single magpie on the way to the office, I was tempted to crawl back to bed..........

Don't you ever break your rotation? I used to do that stuff with pipes, horses, shoes and Lord knows what else! I still do it, but only slightly. It meant that Wednesdays could be tarnished by a crappy pipe and uncomfortable brogues. And if I saw a single magpie on the way to the office, I was tempted to crawl back to bed..........

I shave with the same razor Monday to Sunday; then on to the next one up. I don't have a set order for which razor to use; only that is different than the one used the previous week. If I have one I really like or a new one it might get used every other week till I am ready to try something else.

Very sensible. We don't need to become enslaved by our own regimes. Mind you in the days when we stuck rigidly to our routines, it might have meant that plain girls got taken out more often; albeit on Wednesdays, by badly shaven men in uncomfortable shoes, with vile smelling pipes!

i have one of the souplex oc razors like the Accountant has shown, for a oc razor its pretty mild, i dont think i have ever had a nick or cut from it, i did change the handle to a webber classic, the handle that comes with it lets it down, never had a bad shave with this combo.

Souplex razors work great with regular DE blades. Another non-Gillette razor with interesting history and variations.

Top Bottom