What's new

Gillette probably didn't expected that on their Facebook :D

oops, i just posted a thread about the same thing, didnt even see someone beat me to it, sorry. i read it, and just laughed though. loved it!

That's an excellent point sire. Why don't they produce shaving soaps, creams or a variety of after shaves ?

I should add that Gillette does make money off those since P&G owns The Art of Shaving. They just want to segregate people into two markets. Cartridges for the masses and TAOS pricey creams for the high end. It's the idea of a revival of DE shaving at the mass level which scares them. So long as it's just confined to B&B and those willing to spend big bucks on RAD, SSAD, etc. they're happy to sell to both groups.

It would be interesting to see if there is a spike in new B&B members over the coming weeks following some of the comments on that Facebook page. Seems like it's converted a few Fusion users.

Very true!! Although a bulk of my purchases are soft products like soaps and aftershaves, which Gillette wouldn't see money on either way!

I should add that Gillette does make money off those since P&G owns The Art of Shaving.

Yip, "Gillette" already makes some pretty good soaps and creams under the AOS name. They last longer than a can of Gillette shave foam, but since they are also priced to cost about 6 times as much as the foam the profits for P&G are probably a wash.

It would be difficult to find the same sort of profit balancing by selling DE razors.

I had no idea that P&G owned AoS.

I was in there while I was at the mall the other day on a C.O. Bigelow mission and wasn't very inspired to buy anything. It seemed expensive to me.

I'd rather buy from a vendor online and try other well-respected products for more reasonable prices.

Think Gillette will.notice and do something?

Nope. They do not care about DE and SE shavers.

Cheaper cartridge brands getting a larger share of the market (probably mostly outside the USA) will be a much bigger concern for them. Why buy Gillette when your drugstore also sells Mach 3 copies for 50% of the price?

Top Bottom