What's new

PIF - Edwin Jagger Nickel Plated Shaving Bowl

Mike H

Instagram Famous

And we a have a winner!

Congratulations to Rory1262

:thumbup:

Here is an opportunity to win an Edwin Jagger Nickel Plated Shaving Bowl.

$Capture.JPG

While B&B officially celebrates Movemeber (link), November is also Diabetes awareness month. As a father of a child with Type 1 Diabetes, this is something important to me and my family. Even if you are not interested in the bowl, would you please take a moment to watch this short video. A young man named Finley, whom I do not know, put this video together with his mom. It is a Facebook video...

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1522662137980919

If you are not a member of Facebook or have trouble viewing the video, would please watch this video instead?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0M4oxBtnXo

Please indicate your interest in the bowl with and "I'm in" or such. Shipping anywhere that gets mail. I will let this go for a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I tried to click on the link, it took me to a Facebook login page first. Could not get around it.

in.the wife and i are type 2,we support the research and hope for a cure.our type 2 is alot easier to control than type one,and then to be burdened at such a young age.

Im in!!
My older brother has type 1 diabetes and was diagnosed at age 10. It was difficult for him, as well as the rest of us, to cope with. But we all made it and he is now 32 with a healthy son of his own. He got the pump, which has greatly helped with stability of his sugar levels.
It was such an up and down back before when it was the shots. We all took shots of saline water to show him he didnt need to be scared on the shots, then later he was able to not only have them without being scared, but give them to himself. Looking back, that took alot of bravery for him to do that. I have much respect for these young people dealing with such a big task at such an early age. As well as their parents with all the extra responsibility they have in managing it with their children.
:)
I remember doing the JDF walk for the cure every year and raising the money through sponsors for the walk.
Edit: added smiley

Last edited:
I humbly submit my, I'm in...my mom is diabetic and has struggled for years with it! Thanks for helping with awareness...

Im in. Thank you for posting this video i have a 2 year old doughter, she dosnt have diabeties that we know of but i could only imadging if she did. I am glad to have seen this video because now if somthing happens to some one with this illness i will know how to respond. This is not somthing that i was traiined for in combat care givers training when i was in the Air Force. Once again thank you for posting this.

Top Bottom