What's new

Stainless ? Better than a NEW LC?

Howdy gents

Over the last few days I have been obsessing about getting a nice stainless razor...I think I am taking this way to seriously. ...then this AM I got the best shave of my life from my NEW LC with NO irritation.
It is hard to imagine getting a better shave.

Given my success with the LC is there a stainless you would recommend?

Thanks in advance
Al

ATT Kronos with the R2 or H2 open comb plate is the best shave I've ever had and I've tried the New LC. It's all about finding something that works for you though.

...then this AM I got the best shave of my life from my NEW LC with NO irritation.
It is hard to imagine getting a better shave.

Given my success with the LC is there a stainless you would recommend?

I'm in the same camp as dfoulk on the ATT R2 head (not tried the H2). I tried NEW LC, NEW SC, 7 O'Clock, and Old Type razors, and I found my best, closest shave was with the ATT. I plan to order the Kronos handle as I'm currently using an Ikon Bulldog.

If you are happy with the LC and feel it is doing great, then I'd save the money and stick with what you have!

I'm in the same camp as dfoulk on the ATT R2 head (not tried the H2). I tried NEW LC, NEW SC, 7 O'Clock, and Old Type razors, and I found my best, closest shave was with the ATT. I plan to order the Kronos handle as I'm currently using an Ikon Bulldog.

If you are happy with the LC and feel it is doing great, then I'd save the money and stick with what you have!

We may have to banish you from B&B!! Everyone knows the correct answer to this question is to buy two of everything, just in case the first one was defective. Only then can you make a truly informed decision on what you should have!!:001_rolle

We may have to banish you from B&B!! Everyone knows the correct answer to this question is to buy two of everything, just in case the first one was defective. Only then can you make a truly informed decision on what you should have!!:001_rolle

Oh noes! It must be the minimalist guild calling to me!

If you like the Gillette new then the obvious ss razor to be would be the ikon open comb that is modelled on a Gillette new

If you like the Gillette new then the obvious ss razor to be would be the ikon open comb that is modelled on a Gillette new

Ikon's Deluxe OC was modeled on a NEW Deluxe, if I'm not mistaken. I don't have a NEW Deluxe to compare. The Ikon OC is considerably milder than either of my LC NEWs (U.S. and Canadian). Considerably smoother, too.

I prefer New LC to Stainless (iKON in my case).Do not obsessed by heavy razors. Bulldog/Kronos/Colossus handles are just an overkill for me:lol:

Personally, I really love SS razors. Nothing against the vintage Gillettes…. they are truly superb.

BUT, I love the extra heft of SS, and the "it will last FOREVER" build quality, along with the super tight tolerances and fine attention to detail that comes with "MOST" stainless razors. Plus, to me at least, there is something cool about buying a new SS razor and knowing that it is YOURS from the start.

(of course, I also say that I love the "history" of whoever used my vintage razors before me… :lol: )

ATT Kronos with the R2 or H2 open comb plate is the best shave I've ever had and I've tried the New LC. It's all about finding something that works for you though.

x2

Aside from the minor issue with the blade loading, the ATT is just about perfect. I've tried several different vintage Gillette razors, but the combination of heft, closeness, and comfort can't be beat. On my face, anyway.

Top Bottom