What's new

Musical Guilty Pleasures

We all love to post about the awesome songs we listen to all the time, but are you man enough to publicly admit that you really like some pretty terrible songs? Maybe it's the cheesy seventies and eighties love songs. Maybe it's disco. Maybe its even 90's boy bands. For me, it's usually something that can be found on SiriusXM's The Bridge, like this ...

So, what are the songs that you sing out loud in your car, but you have to roll up the windows when you get to a red light so nobody will hear you?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to roll up the windows anyway because I can't carry a tune! :blushing:

I guess the closest to guilty pleasure music would be The Bangles. Just doesn't seem like manly music and I've been caught singing along by my 7th grade daughter much to her great amusement. I don't care though, those girls could rock.

I have no guilt. I like what I like and I'm not embarrassed about any of it. I like all kinds of music except heavy metal, modern jazz, rap, hip-hop, or most of the popular music produced in this century.

Scene from "The Last Boy Scout:"
Bad guy to Bruce Willis: I want to hear you scream in agony.
Willis to bad guy: Oh yeah? Play some rap music.

Show tunes and musicals..lots of them. Cats, Chess, Phantom of the Opera...

ABBA... I absolutely love ABBA. I suspect the Europeans here won't think it's so un-cool to like ABBA :001_smile

Alanis Morissette - particularly this live version of Uninvited: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tQ4f5LrDoE This has a very Zeppelin vibe to it...weird.

Edit, sorry wrong link posted prior.

Last edited:
I grew up on show tunes and musicals. At least 10-12 times a year my Mom and I would watch Sound of music. I will still put them on from time to time. The other things we would blast in the house growing up were Patsy Cline, Buddy Holly and Queen. Not guilty about it at all

Funny. I thought you were trying to "shake off" the sound of a song from one of the prior posts. I didn't even realize that was the name of a song! My 7-year old daughter is going to be very disappointed in me!
Just "Let it Go" already...

If you have a 7 year old daughter, I'm sure you get that one ;-)...over and over and over and over and over and......

When I first heard this on Buffalo's Rock 102 back in '77, I was mesmerized. Of course being a long haired punk, I wasn't supposed to like this, but...

And who doesn't love the Soul Train Line:001_smile

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom