What's new

Big thank you to Doc

A few days ago I was starting the resto on a nice Wade and Butcher blade and had no plans for the scales. Doc (Alfredo) offered to buy them off me, but possessing a scheming mind I had a better idea. I asked him to evaluate an edge I honed and let me try one of his very well respected Jnat edges. I had never shaved with a Jnat edge and wanted to round myself out a bit as a straight shaver. Alfredo checked out my edge and even sent me 800X images. Then he returned my Hart with a fantastic edge on it. It was definitely a step higher than mine on the keenness scale while still delivering a smooth shave without that harsh hungry for blood feel I associate with sprays, pastes etc. I want to publicly thank him for his time and skill and helping hand in helping me to learn more about this fantastic hobby/passion.

I did the same thing last year. Sent Alfredo two Dovos. One I had honed on my synths for his evaluation. The other for him to hone as a baseline. He was very helpful in my honing education and over a year later, I shaved with the blade he honed last night. Wonderful shave! Thanks again Doc.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, just rubbing steel on a rock

It is a bit more than that :thumbup1:. As with most things involving skill, experience counts. In my skeet game when I am learning new things or polishing my skills I go to the very best for advice. It only made sense to me to do the same with honing. Thanks again.

It is a bit more than that :thumbup1:. As with most things involving skill, experience counts. In my skeet game when I am learning new things or polishing my skills I go to the very best for advice. It only made sense to me to do the same with honing. Thanks again.

Very true, it just takes time to get to know your stones

Jeesh....I guess some guys just like to argue......

You'll probably take offense if I say I like slicing up cherry tomatoes too...

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I think he was just saying that the best JNATs come from Japan. You guys are reading too much into his post. :whistling:

And JToms (Jersey Tomatoes) are the best for slicing.

Not like that flavorless, synthetic, hothouse crap they sell at the supermarket.

Not like that flavorless, synthetic, hothouse crap they sell at the supermarket.

I lived in NJ for a while, the tomatoes are GREAT, specially with fresh Buffalo Muzarelle (how it's pronounced not spelled)

And we are not even talking about film tomatoes
$fruitless_fruit_leather.jpg

Top Bottom