What's new

New Shaving Bowl

Since I have the artistic ability of the common tree sloth, I appreciate and support artisans. After reading about etsy here on the B&B, I found a proper shaving bowl. It's quite substantial in weight and size. The thumb hole fits perfectly.

I soaked the bowl and my brush in hot water while showering. So far, I used Proraso, Palmolive, and Arko, with excellent results.

For scale sake, my hand is sized at 8-1/2.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

That is a real fist full of bowl. My lathering bowls are very similar in general shape but smaller in size and the
handles are vertical. But that is because I use a couple of old heavy restaurant china coffee cups. They are
not the tall ones but the short low open roundish ones. They work very well because of the wide open top and low profile.
As well, they are inexpensive and easy to find at flea markets, junk shops, salvation army stores and antique malls.
Plus I enjoy the vintage look and feel of them. Buying new and expensive shaving gear does not always appeal to me.

Still, it is a very nice piece of shaving art, no doubt about that.

Beautiful bowl, and nice find! My wife is a thrift store junkie, and many times when I accompany her, I wind up finding some unusual soup bowl or other handcrafted bowl that is perfect as a shaving bowl, usually for $.59 - $.79. They are hard to pass up. As a result I have a lifetime supply of shaving bowls.

Just bought a stainless steel whisking bowl with perfect height a deph for a shaving bowl only .99, could not resist. My old spice shave mug makes to much noise. And im scared to scar up my nice handles.

Top Bottom