What is your favorite OTC blend?

• Carter hall

• Half and Half

• Captain Black

• Sir Walter Raleigh

• Prince Albert

Results are only viewable after voting.
PIPE SNOB ALERT! jk jk :tongue_sm:lol::a22:

I can see how too mild not be for some people. But would you refuse a bowl of OTC if someone offered it to you?
I wouldn't refuse a bowl of OTC, unless it was Captain Black Cherry. My God, that was awful. Probably the worst I've ever had.

I wouldn't refuse a bowl of OTC, unless it was Captain Black Cherry. My God, that was awful. Probably the worst I've ever had.

Well that's good to know...if we ever meet in person I'll b sure to pick up a pouch of capt black cherry hahaha :lol:

Favorites would be Sugar Barrel and Captain Black(I used to prefer Blue or White but the new Dark was pretty decent).

But would you refuse a bowl of OTC if someone offered it to you?
Borkum Riff and I never got along, so yes.

Obviously someone has never tried Borkum Riff $smiley-sick006.gif

(oh wait, you gave it to your father didn't you! :laugh:)

CH

35yrs ago my go to OTC was Borkum Riff Whiskey or Middleton Cherry
Didn't like the Borkum Riff,Cognac,Champaign,Cherry,Bourbon or Rum

But I just lit my 2nd to the last bowl of PA:blink:

Last edited:
I've tried tobaccos that I just don't like. But I would smoke them in a pinch or as gifts.

But Borkum Riff is really just absolutely terrible, YMMV (but probably not)
Even my dad doesn't want to smoke Borkum Riff after I introduced him to the two Gawith brothers. He claims that it tasted better back in the 70s, but I'm not falling for it.

Been a lot of years but I thought BorkumRiff had a blend called Whiskey with a little red banner up in the right corner of the pouch that stated the flavor.
Just looked and the pkg is different and they offer bourbon whiskey and original.:001_unsur

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Borkum Riff Whiskey was the first tobacco to make me puke. I don't know if it's particularly high in nicotine, or just more than I was used to, or if the couple of beers I'd had played their part, but I won't buy any more to find out.

I'll admit it, after reading a bunch of different posts about how terrible mixture 79 is, I want to try it, too. Looked for it at the local shop yesterday, and didn't see it... dangit... As polarizing as it is, I'll either love it, or want to hit myself in the head for trying it...

Dean

I'll admit it, after reading a bunch of different posts about how terrible mixture 79 is, I want to try it, too. Looked for it at the local shop yesterday, and didn't see it... dangit... As polarizing as it is, I'll either love it, or want to hit myself in the head for trying it...

Dean

I think someone said 79 is like smoking a urinal puck (arko?). I gotta smoke it for the story...right? ;)

Top Bottom