What's new

Best option for Canada

Hello Gentlemen,
I am looking for affordable options for purchasing blades in Canada. My favorite blades are GSB and I purchased 100 from Itallian Barber a few months ago with a larger order to take advantage their free shipping. But with shipping and tax, that will run about $50 to just order the blades. Most US sites have ridiculous prices for shipping or crazy UPS/FEDEX charges. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I am also looking for some "more affordable" blades such as Voshkod or Astra SP. Maybe a little stocking up will cure my AD?:001_rolle

Bestshave.net in Turkey. Great prices on Astra SPs and shipping is under $10. Sometimes slow, but I've never had an order fail to appear. And you've got to try the 2.95 brush. Amazing.
I'm an American living in Japan who has also been astonished at recent price increases in shipping. I no longer bother considering US vendors...shipping from the UK is half the price. But Bestshave is even cheaper!

Last edited:
Have you had any luck shopping around on Amazon or Ebay? Not sure how the prices run in Canada vs. The US, but might be something in one of those two with a good price. I know from posts around here that Voskhod are getting harder to find, so you might want to try the Rapira Platinum Lux blade. Same company makes them, and for the same price. I've used them & get a great shave from them, as well as the Astra.

Personally I can't find any fault with Italian Barber. Their in Ontario, and always have their order in my post box by Friday when I order Monday :thumbup1:

...I am looking for affordable options for purchasing blades in Canada...

But with shipping and tax, that will run about $50 to just order the blades. Most US sites have ridiculous prices for shipping or crazy UPS/FEDEX charges...

Put blame where it belongs: Canada's insane taxes/tariffs:

...Every package, regardless of size or destination that crosses the border is subject to: a brokerage fee, processing fees, and the GST or HST fee. With all three of these costs stacked onto the final shipment bill, most packages are relatively pricy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used Wish4Blades and I've ordered right from India as well. But, if you need soaps, aftershaves, etc, I'd recommend Italian Barber and add your blades to an existing order. (No shipping on $60 or whatever it is).

Are there any Canadians that have ordered from Connaughts? If so, do you get charged duty on your order? Prices and shipping seem very reasonable, however if it comes with brokerage fees and the like it may not be worth it. Obviously HST is expected, I'm just concerned with fees Minot expecting.

If you can meet $60 purchase IB is a good place to get your blades.
Other than that Amazon.ca has Astra SP deals sometimes for $10 - 11 (ships free over $25) and GSB for $25 (free shipping).

Personally I can't find any fault with Italian Barber. Their in Ontario, and always have their order in my post box by Friday when I order Monday :thumbup1:

+1. I always receive reliable, friendly and fast service from IB. The selection is great too.

I buy my blades locally, and sometimes soaps/creams too. Barber Ha and Knifewear in Edmonton there are a couple shops that stock good traditional wet shaving supplies.

+1. I always receive reliable, friendly and fast service from IB. The selection is great too.

I buy my blades locally, and sometimes soaps/creams too. Barber Ha and Knifewear in Edmonton there are a couple shops that stock good traditional wet shaving supplies.

Where do you get your blades? I find them to be alot more expensive buying locally here than ordering online...

I've ordered from IB, Wish4Blades, eBay sellers from India, and I also order things from the USA to a parcel service near the border. I have lots of extra Astra SP if a fellow Canuck needs some

Are there any Canadians that have ordered from Connaughts? If so, do you get charged duty on your order? Prices and shipping seem very reasonable, however if it comes with brokerage fees and the like it may not be worth it. Obviously HST is expected, I'm just concerned with fees Minot expecting.

I have ordered from them half a dozen times and have not paid any duties

Top Bottom