What's new

New Swedish member

Hello and welcome, Eisern. B&B is a great forum full of friendly, helpful shavers. You will learn a lot here.

Hey all!

I can't remember how long I've been visiting this forum, but I only signed up today. I started shaving with a DE razor about 7 or 8 years ago, started out with a Merkur HD which worked like a charm for years but was lucky enough to find an old vintage Swedish safety razor while going through my grandfathers belongings after he passed and decided to try it. I was actually able to find out the name of the manufacturer but I've forgotten it by now, it was manufactured sometime in the '30s, sold cheap back then but for me it was a big improvement over the Merkur.

I've been using mostly TOBS and Castle & Forbes creams throughout these years but about half a year back I got sucked into the whole artisan soap thing... That lead to me becoming even more interested in soaps and shaving products in general and also to get myself signed up here. Until now the answers to all the questions I might have had were accessible through the search function, so I never saw the need to register, but it might be fun to become more active.

See you in the soap section (and elsewhere too probably)!

It was probably a Gillette NEW razor model. .

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound so harsh. :) The Matador De Luxe is a pretty sweet, but basic, razor. From what I've gathered they were sold cheaply and in large numbers, and they're still cheap to come by if one wants to have a razor with some history.

Hjärtligt välkommen. Jag hoppas och tror att du kommer att trivas här (a heartfelt welcome. I do hope and believe you'll like it here). I do have some Swedes in my ancestry as well. Now that I come to think about it they all are Swedes 😊. There are a couple of us in this forum but not that many.

Top Bottom